Free Product of the Week
SYSTEM: Unique System
Pondemonium is a free print-n-play, two-player boardgame/skirmish wargame, designed for the "Pond Wars" miniature range from Eureka Miniatures.
The great mobility of Frogs against the impressive defensive ability of Turtles in a Pond battleground of huge variability that will keep your company for many matches!
Since the beginning of time, the Dark Frond Swamp was the theater of battles between Frogs and Turtles. While Turtles live in an empire based on labourers and industrial development, Frogs are ruled by an evil King who focuses on war and conquest. The Turtles were forced to develop military tactics to defend their borders from the brute force of the Frog army. Battle after battle, though, the Turtles' defenses weakened, giving the Frogs a great opportunity.
Now the Frog King is coming, with new war machines. The next assault could create a direct passage in the Turtle land. The time is right, and their attack is unexpected. Will the heroic Captain Cracked Shell be able to win even this desperate battle?
DOWNLOAD ALL THE COMPONENTS OF THE GAME:
- HD rulebook
- print-friendly rulebook
- Action Cards
- paper miniatures of Frogs and Turtles
- Pond Board
- Units Sheets
go to top
Notes from Scott's Desk
For all correspondence, feel free to contact me, Scott Holden, at email@example.com.
If you're unable to attend Gen Con Indy this year, but you're craving a good game, you can get your fill of RPG titles here... but you'll have to hurry! The Christmas in July ends tomorrow morning at 10:00 EST.
And as usual, our friends at Bundle of Holding also have some great deals for you!
DEADLANDS CLASSIC BUNDLE RETURNS
The Bundle of Holding has revived its May 2014 Deadlands Classic offer, a big collection featuring the original 1996 Weird West RPG from Pinnacle Entertainment. This was a very popular offer last spring. It's back for just a couple of weeks.
Note: Most of the 13 titles in the Deadlands bundle are also discounted individually here on DriveThru as part of the Christmas in July sale, but this is a bargain price for the whole collection.
~ SJH (07-30-2015)
go to top
Pick of the Week
It’s 1242. The Mongol army has crushed Baghdad, then Russia under its heel, then moved on to devastate Poland and Hungary. The Holy Roman Empire stood to war with the Papacy. The second Lombard League wielded the word of the Pope and fought off Frederick II.
The War of Princes rages.
In the mortal world of 1242, power shifts at the rate an army can march. For the undead, power shifts faster than a fire overtakes a haven. To the Damned, power flows as fast as blood from an ancient heart.
Vampire 20th Anniversary Edition: The Dark Ages is a storytelling game of horrific power.
- with 13 clans and 19 bloodlines, this volume spans the Dark Medieval World
- full rules for play, inspired by Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition
- new and updated player options, including a brutal new system for Koldunic Sorcery
go to top
Other Featured Titles
The Southlands—Realm of Mystery and Adventure
Southlands Campaign Setting offers everything you need for legendary adventures in a sprawling continent of wealthy desert empires, demon-haunted jungles, and vast savannahs where gnolls and werelions hunt.
Featuring the talents of Wolfgang Baur (Midgard Campaign Setting, Al-Qadim), Ben McFarland (Streets of Zobeck), and Brian Suskind, this 300-page setting book includes evrything you need:
- new character options for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- 5 new PC races—Gnolls, Kijani, Nkosi, Tosculi and Trollkin—and 7 minor races
- new magic items and spells, from flying carpets to lotus magic and combat divination
- new foes, locations, and hazards, including the Orcs of the Green Abyss, the Corrupted Pyramid of Khensu, the Sorcerers of Nangui, and mummified monkey swarms
- many gods and demons: Anu-Akma , Ogun, Thoth-Hermes, Eshu, Set, and more
Here are enough kingdoms, treasures, monsters and adventure hooks to provide years of gaming in the deserts, jungles, and tropical mountains. Use Southlands with the Midgard Campaign Setting, or bring its cities, lore, creatures, and characters to any campaign.
Featuring the talents of ENnie-nominated cartographer and Greyhawk aficionado Anna Meyer, this map covers a full continental territory in lush detail as a 24-by-32-inch detailed map, from pirate islands to jungle coasts, and deep deserts filled with hidden oases.
Southlands Heroes for 5th Edition
by Kobold Press
WHEN EVIL STIRS IN THE SOUTHLANDS, MIGHTY HEROES WILL ARISE!
Demonic voices mutter and howl in the desert. Strange lights appear among the trees in the jungle’s depths, and packs of twisted creatures emerge at night to hunt the grasslands. But you do not fear these things. You are a hero of the Southlands—and by your skill, strength, luck, or the favor of the gods, you will become a legend.
—New Options for 5th Edition Heroes—
Southlands Heroes gives you everything you need for a 5th Edition campaign in the Southlands.
- rules for playing aasimar, gnolls, lizardfolk, minotaurs, tosculi waspfolk, and werelions
- new Ambush Predator rogue archetype, Hivemaster variant ranger, and Circle of the Hive and Circle of the Swarm variant druids
- new backgrounds: Child of the Divine, Temple Slave, Desert Runner, and more!
Match wits with djinn, pit your strength against mighty white apes, and plunder the lost temples of demon gods. The Southlands await!
go to top
The City Hungers. Will You Feed It?
The streets bleed shadows as the supernatural politics of the city threaten to swallow you whole. Will you die a hero—a savior for those who have never had enough—or live long enough to become the villain? Will you fight the darkness...or give in for power?
The choice is yours.
Urban Shadows is an urban fantasy tabletop roleplaying game in which mortals and monsters vie for control of a modern-day city, a political battleground layered just under the reality we think we know. Vampires, faeries, hunters, and wizards fight to carve out a piece of the streets and skyscrapers, ready to make deals with all those who have something to offer.
Here’s what you’ll find inside this book:
- 10 unique character Archetypes spread across four supernatural Factions, each carefully tuned to put characters at the center of awesome stories
- clearly defined mechanics that push the fiction forward every time a player rolls the dice, advancing your group’s story at every turn
- detailed instructions for the Master of Ceremonies, the player in charge of running the game and portraying the political machination of the powers-that-be
- easy-to-follow rules for creating custom settings, cities, and mechanics to make your game of Urban Shadows all your own!
Urban Shadows makes use of the same rules-light engine as Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, and Dungeon World—while drawing on fiction as diverse as The Wire, The Dresden Files, and The Shield—to create a game of urban politics and supernatural drama. Packed with mechanics that create hard choices and meaningful fiction, this game is easy for new players to learn, yet complex enough to play again and again.
The city is waiting for you. What will you make of it?
go to top
More Dungeons & Dragons Titles!
Hero Builder's Guidebook (3e)
by Wizards of the Coast
Give Your Character Every Advantage
When you sit down to create a character, let your mind do the work--don't just leave it to the dice. The Hero Builder's Guidebook puts at your fingertips everything you need to know before your character's first adventure.
- Maximize your character's potential with step-by-step character advancement guides.
- Create a compelling backstory for your character, including family, friends, and enemies.
- Pick from more than 70 variants to the class descriptions in the Player's Handbook.
- Choose personality traits to bring your character to life at the gaming table.
Both players and Dungeon Masters benefit from the detailed character backgrounds in this book.
Enemies and Allies (3e)
by Wizards of the Coast
Friends and Foes for Every Occasion
This collection of nefarious villains and powerful patrons adds spark to your Dungeons & Dragons game. It's packed with powerful spellcasters, devious mobsters, and deadly monsters galore:
- statistics for powerful, unusual NPCs you can drop into your own campaign
- ready-to-run minions, guards, and thugs for any scenario
- full descriptions of the iconic D&D characters from the Player's Handbook
To use this accessory, a Dungeon Master also needs the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual. A player needs only the Player's Handbook.
Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms #9 [Comics]
"Minder's Story:The Day After"
Join Priam, Vartan, Ishi, Foxilon, and Minder aboard the Realms Master, captained by the powerful mage Dwalimor Omen, as they seek to dispose of dangerous magic items that threaten the Realms!
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #9 [Comics]
"Timoth's Travails, Part 1 of 4"
An ancient evil rises and once again threatens the Realms, and only a motley band of adventures can stop it!
A surly dwarf warrior and his benevolent centaur companion, a gladiator who survived the arena, a fallen paladin, and a timid half-elf must somehow find a way to work together if the Realms are going to survive the coming darkness.
go to top
DriveThruRPG RSS Feed
DriveThruRPG on Twitter
DriveThruRPG on Facebook