TALES OF BLADES AND HEROES RPG (PDF)
Tales of Blades and Heroes
is a fast-playing, uncomplicated set of fantasy rpg rules based on the origins-nominated Song of Blades and Heroes
miniature rules. Its key features are:
- Minimal bookkeeping;
- A character sheet that fits on a 3x5” index card;
- D6 based skill and action system;
- Simple enough for newcomers, yet sophisticated enough to satisfy expert players;
- No classes or levels: create any character with a point system;
- Combat is based on a single d6 roll and damage tables: play faster, meaningful battles where your tactical decisions matter;
- Play with miniatures, counters or paper figures;
- Online support via the song of blades yahoo group and an active community of players and creators;
- Story and character-based rewards: gain experience for being imaginative and playing in character;
- No spells to memorize: the freeform magic system encourages ingenuity and lets you create any magical effects through the combination of power words.
- Can be used as a tactical, RPG-lite combat system to be used with miniatures.
Note: this book has all you need to begin playing, but we are working on a GM’s book, Tales of Beasts and Perils.
This is a generic fantasy system. No background is enclosed, although it is easy to convert existing settings.
The ZIP file contains PNG covers, a full color pdf, an inksaving version PDF (all illustrations and page backgrounds removed), and a PDF of character sheets.