There is no "right" way to introduce firearms into a fantasy setting. Everyone runs a different game. There are so many things to keep in mind. Will this destabilize the campaign? What will happen to bows, swords, and shields? How fast can flintlocks get reloaded? Do I really want revolvers? Where did this technology come from?
This book answers those questions and more. Even if you're not running a game with the 4E d20 rules, this book will help you introduce modern weapons into a fantasy world and keep things balanced from a story perspective. Tactics, equipment, story ideas, magic items... it's all here! Whether you're running a high-seas adventure or a gritty noir mystery, this is the book you'll need to give your game more bang.
"Elves With Shotguns" includes this and more:
- 14 new weapons, from the blunderbuss to the revolver
- 9 new weapon enchantments, including the witch-hunter's gun and the dreaded necromancer's pistol
- 7 new ammunition types, including blessed ammunition for dealing with pesky undead
- Also includes 9 new magic items, 6 new alchemical items, and 3 firearm-based artifacts: the Acolyte's Regalia
- 6 alternate class features
- 8 new feats
- Alternate rules and tips to introduce firearms in a number of ways and styles
- Also includes a B&W copy for printing and bundled artwork used in the book showing both mundane and magic firearms!