Rise of the Drow, Part 1 of 3: Descent into the Underworld
by Stephen Yeardley & Jonathan Nelson
Cover Art by James J Krause & Todd Gamble
Cartography by Todd Gamble
Interior Illustrations by James J Krause, Tim Tyler,
Malcolm McClinton, Ryan Sumo, Joe J. Calkins, Silvano
Special Thanks to Will Myers, Nathan Land, and Cory Vickruck
A Pathfinder/3.5 Compatible Adventure for 4-6 PCs of levels 6-8
The drow city of Holoth is a wealthy metropolis of power-hungry drow families, with various houses constantly vying for position and prestige at the expense of each other. House Gullion, one of the more sinister houses, seals a pact with a mysterious race called the Vidre, an agreement which causes a shift Gullion’s way and throws the entire Underworld into utter chaos. Matron Maelora of House Gullion is as devious as they come and has far greater dreams than simple regional conquest; visions from the Spider Goddess give her insight into the expansion of her house and dominance over both the Under and Overworld.
When the dwarven trade city of Embla is placed in a tight position, being between the Overworld and the drow city of Holoth, it calls upon the Overworlders for help. Most of Embla’s dwarven warriors have been enslaved or killed, and Emlba’s citizens have little hope of holding back the hordes of drow from Holoth.
The PCs are called upon to help the dwarves of Embla. Their choices will have profound implications on the Underworld, as well as Rybalka and the entire Vikmordere Valley. When the dust settles, the entire region may be changed forever.
Also included in “Descent into the Underworld”:
- Map of Krelgar Keep by 3x ENnie Award winner Todd Gamble
- Map of the Underworld by 3x ENnie Award winner Todd Gamble
- Illustrations by James J Krause, Tim Tyler, and Silvano of Italy
- New Trap: Ochre Jelly Dust
- New Special Ability: Third Eye of Fear
- New Feat: Fused Weapon Fighting
- New Items: Drow Kllellek Paper, Drow Quill, Drow Ink
- New Magical Item: Coin of Singing
- New Spell: Iceflame
- New Monster: Skildpadder
- New Monster: Underworld Giant Skeleton
- New Class: Titanic Beastmaster