Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
#1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
The High Concept: 5 feats that allow spellcasters using the classic and venerable fireball spell (and other evocations with similar traits) to have as many options as characters who use feats to focus on skills or combat maneuvers. This is the latest in a series of products to celebrate the "Summer of Bullets" event!
The feats included are:
- Environmental Effects: Your fireball creates secondary effects depending on the environment in which you cast it.
- Cometstrike: Your fireball is a churning, comet-like sphere of destruction that burns everything in its path.
- Fiery Wrath: Your fire spells can be directed by fire elementals you have summoned.
- Implosion: Your fireball can suck foes into the center of its area.
- Shockwave: Your fireball can blow foes away from the center of its area.