Man’s first encounter with the elves was the source of what historians would later call “the Great Forest Wars.” Lumber was essential to building the Kingdom of Men and when they reached the deep forests of the world, they found the elves waiting for them.
The Wars lasted an entire generation but eventually ended with the elves seeking peace.
They gave no mention as to why, but one hundred years later, their secret was out.
The elves were losing their souls.
—Donnington True, The History of the War of the Kingdoms
* * *
In the Known World, no story is more tragic than the Fall of the Elves. Once a great and powerful race, the elves have fallen into decadence and indulgence. But the key to their downfall was not their nature, it was mankind's discovery of the Iron Curse...
Wicked Fantasy began as a series of articles in Kobold Quarterly Magazine reinventing the "standard races" in fantasy roleplaying. Now, those same articles have been expanded and revised (five times their
original size!) and fit with the PATHFINDER Roleplaying Game.
The fifth in the series--Guardians of the Wood--reveals the great and terrible story of the elves. How they rose to power, how they fell and how they may be redeemed.
Wicked Fantasy: Guardians of the Wood includes:
- FULL COLOR AND FULLY ILLUSTRATED!
- New Elf Racial Traits including the Tree-bound elf, the Iron-bound elf, and half-elves!
- The terrible secret of the Iron Curse and the ever-present shadow of the Dark Elves!
- New Archetypes including the elven druid, sorcerer, witch and summoner!
- A New Prestige Class: the Heart-Bound!
- New Feats and New Rules for Forest Favors!
- And More!