Superhero Role-Playing is About to Get More Super!
Ever wanted to tell your own comicbook stories, but possibly you lacked artistic ability? Capes, Cowls & Villains Foul is a comicbook toolkit, allowing you and one or more friends to tell your own tales of heroism and sacrifice, superpowers and masked crusaders! Designed from the ground up to emulate the narrative style of comicbooks, CC&VF is a game for comicbook-loving gaming fans.
• Create your own heroes using “building blocks” called Traits, ensuring that the characters act, perform and feel like actual comicbook characters.
• Link your powers together in awesome and creative ways.
• Be empowered the same way that comic book artists and writers are when creating comics.
• Create villains of all types that will prove to be more than worthy adversaries for even the most powerful heroes. No longer will non-combat-oriented masterminds be inferior foes to those who are more physically imposing!
• Whip up awesome C-List villains who continually plague and get the better of A-list heroes (until the end of the Issue).
• Your brash archer no longer needs to stand on the sidelines nickel-and-diming the cosmic despot while your allies wallop him with their super-strength.
• Fast-paced and descriptive action wherein damage is an abstract concept that can represent not just physical pain, but also frustration, exhaustion or simply being trapped.
• Villains designed to effective both solo and as a team. The rules ensure that villains are scalable threats for heroes of all power levels.
• Might your character develop rainbow powers for just one issue? Or perhaps your powered-armored hero just happens to have a specialized suit of “arctic” armor that’ll be helpful for an excursion in Antarctica. Or how about a hero whose comic has a new writer that alters his capabilities? All this is a big part of the game!
• Live-action rules!
• Team-ups of different “power level” characters encouraged and fun for all!
• Character complications embraced as a way to enrich your stories and empower rather than cripple your characters.
• Plug-and-play character templates ready to be customized, getting you in the action right away!
• A lengthy example-of-play section showcasing the flexibility of the system.
• Two short Issues to get your crusade for justice started!
• More than two dozen heroes and villains!