Sometimes rules supplements read like the world-setting bible of frustrated novelists. While solid world- building is a useful skill, you don’t always need four paragraphs of flavor text to tell you swords are cool, magic is power, shadows are scary, and orcs are savage. Sometimes a GM doesn’t have time to slog through a page of history for every magic weapon. Sometimes all that’s needed are a few cool ideas, with just enough information to use them in a game. Sometimes, all you need are bullet points.
#1 With A Bullet Point is a line of very short, cheap PDFs each of which gives the bare bones of a set of related options. It may be five spells, six feats, eight magic weapon special abilities, or any other short set of related rules we can cram into about a page. Short and simple, these PDFs are for GMs and players who know how to integrate new ideas into their campaigns without any hand-holding, and just need fresh ideas and the rules to support them. No in-character fiction setting the game world. No charts and tables. No sidebars of explanations and optional rules. Just one sentence of explanation for the High Concept of the PDF, then bullet points.
The High Concept: Feats that allow characters to mitigate the effects of fear and benefit from successfully resisting fear effects. This is the latest in a series of products to celebrate the "Summer of Bullets" event!
The feats included are:
- Centered Emotions: As long as you can call upon your ki, you are protected from fear.
- Consummate Professional: While you are focused on an opponent, you are protected from fear.
- Dauntless Fury: Your anger protects you from fear, and may even spur you on to more rage.
- Divine Courage: As long as you can feel the connection to your deity, you are protected from fear.
- Eldritch Courage: As long as you still have a spell memorized, you are protected from fear.
- Fearless Familiarity: While you are within a favored terrain, you are protected from fear.
- Forbidding Form: You can take on a horrific aspect.
- Song in Your Heart: As long as you are still able to sing, you are protected from fear.
- Strong Foundation: You can grit your teeth and concentrate on the courage you possess to apply it against other mind-affecting abilities.
- Unshakable Bravery: The training you have received protects you from fear.