You have never read a game book quite like this one! Written by a practicing medical doctor, Insults & Injuries presents real world illnesses in OGL 3.5 system game terms. Why afflict characters with “filth fever” when you can give them rabies, the black plague, or the flu?
Within this sourcebook, you will find dozens of sicknesses that your players already know and fear in a format that allows them to be easily and realistically brought into your games. You will also find expanded rules for more effective non-magical healing.
This detailed book is divided into an introduction, 13 chapters, and five appendices and includes:
* Rules for more than 50 diseases and disorders, their game effects, and how they can be treated by both mundane and magical means.
* A chapter on the effects of alcohol, drugs, and poisons.
* A chapter on mental illnesses and their game effects.
* Rules for adjudicating surgical procedures.
* Three new prestige classes dedicated to nonmagical healing, the Alienist, Chirurgeon, and Physician.
* Special rules on the effects of illnesses upon non-Humans like Elves, Dwarves, and Orcs.
* New spells, equipment, and feats.
With this book, your players will never look at diseases the same way again!
Inspired by the works of classic swords-and-sorcery authors like Fritz Lieber, Jack Vance, and Robert E. Howard, Swords of Kos: Hekaton is the second entry in Skirmisher Publishing LLC’s fantasy fiction series and follows Swords of Kos: Necropolis. In this anthology, the island and city of Kos and the lands around it are explored through the stories of eleven authors and original illustrations and cartography by nine artists. All are set during the Hekaton, centennial observance of the great volcanic cataclysm that reawakened magic, the elder races, and all manner of fell monsters, in a fantasy world that draws upon the myths, legends, and history of the Mediterranean, Europe, and the Middle East.
Stories in this compilation include “Bloodsuckers” by Michael O. Varhola, “Rogue’s Nightmare” by R.M. Aislin, “Chasing Shadows” by Richard T. Balsley, “The Misadventures of Bjoric” by Brendan Cass, “The Rite” by Christopher Van Deelen, “To the Dragon Apeiron” by Lissanne Lake, “Unfamiliar Ground” by Sharon Daugherty, “The Day Pateon Fnordseeker Gave Up Drinking” by Eric Lis, M.D., “Nithernons the Ale’er” by John Giddens, and “The Price of Land” by D.M. Fitzgerald. Join us in our adventures through the dark and fascinating swords-and-sorcery world of Kos!
You can get Swords of Kos: Hekaton today for just $5.99!