It may be small, but this game is a complete and unique fantasy role playing game. Add pencils and dice and you’ll have everything you need! Create your character and embark on an epic journey wrought with peril and rewards limited only by your imagination. Flip through the pages and you’ll see:
- Classic character races: Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, and Human.
- Eight character skills: Cleric, Enchanter, Leader, Scholar, Scout, Spellcaster, Thief, and Warrior.
- Spells: 17 very flexible magic spells in a unique and simple magic system.
- Equipment: a robust equipment list containing classic weapons and armor in addition to animals, gear, and even castles and ships.
- Characters: Rules on creating and developing your character.
- Rules lite: simple game rules relying on rapid resolution, action, and adventure.
- Cool tools to get your creativity flowing: Magic item creation, alchemy, rune craft, spell scrolls, creature creation, traps, treasures, and more!
- Adventure generation: we give you the nuts & bolts for developing memorable adventures, you sprinkle with creativity
- Random dungeon creation system to help a GM prepare for a night’s fun.
- A bestiary of over 45 creatures, ready to spread havoc on the world!
- A broad brush-stroke setting, Keranak KingdomsTM, complete with brief history, atlas, and pantheon. A great backdrop for your epic saga.
- Portable: fully indexed, e-book friendly, well-organized, and fits neatly in your pack or a large pocket. Take it with you and have it ready for an impromptu game. Try doing that with other fantasy role-playing game’s core rulebooks!
Notice: DwD Studios is unassociated with the similarly-named product Bare Bones Multiverse. If you came here searching for that product, please click here
Within this zip file you should have:
- BBF-Core Rulebook.pdf
- BBF-Character Sheet.pdf
- BBF-Player Reference.pdf
- Kerenak Kingdoms Map.jpg
- Keranak Kingdoms Map (Hexes).jpg
And because we like saving ink:
- BBF-Core Rulebook-Print Friendly.pdf
- BBF-Character Sheet-Print Friendly.pdf
- BBF-Player Reference-Print Friendly.pdf
And finally we've added a free adventure module:
- Maidens of Moordoth.pdf
- Maidens of Moordoth-Print Friendly.pdf
Please join the site over at www.dwdstudios.com/barebones and get involved. This game was written under a creative commons license, meaning YOU can write stuff too. We already have several great promising adventure modules submitted, and we're excited to see what you add to the mix.
See you there!