Don't forget to add the game intro Era Imperium for a quick game explanation.
Era is a rules light game that satisfies both the narrative player as well as the simulationist player. A great deal of work has been put into the game to add more realism without the added cost of modifiers, tables and adjustments.
Key elements of the game are:
- One page character sheet. It all fits in one page, there's very little flipping over to see aditional notes on the second page.
- Two page GM screen. All the GM needs fits in two pages. Era uses very few tables speeding up game play considerably.
- Fast 2d10 based combat mechanism that uses fatigue in a seamless manner. Characters and monsters wear out during combat, giving a new dimention to fights. All of this without complex lookup tables or modifiers.
- Realistic weapons. Want to play a bow built for your character's attributes? Want to exploit the benefits of ancient weapons most other games can't give an advantage for and are thus rarely used? Era uses many variables in a weapon to give them a tactical advantage. You will enjoy a great deal of realism at a very low "die rolling" cost and no extra tables to look up.
- Improvable skills. Characters have 6 birth attributes and 6 secondary attributes which can be improved over time.
- Mana styled magic. Magic is based on power points called Q'ort and R'ho. They empower the magical system which is level less, and spell is ranked by the character's attributes rather than "level". These costs affect magical items too. Magical items have a running cost, and will require some sort of "mana" from their users. Giving a new perspective on magic item use and power.
- Era character's use meta-classes called collegia. These are schools of training from which the character can gain skills and knowledge. This gives the class feeling to the game, while making multiclassing extremely easy to do. Era's power point system and experience point system help keep balance in the game so you as a player can create they character you dream of without the usual class constraints.
Era is currently in development/playtesting. This is a preview of the game as it stands now. I'm looking at publishing the first release of the GM's guide by end of February.
Download for free now!!