The old man coughed and looked up with a defiant smile. "I do not have much time left and I face a great fear. There are dark forces growing in power each passing day; any time I had to use my abilities to help stop them has passed. I don't think the Allies have the ability to effectively fight them -- now. But that can change.
"As you know, I have served as an advisor to the U.S. government on research and technology. And as you can plainly see, I can no longer perform this duty. If we are to be able to defend ourselves against what I believe to be the inevitable resurgence of world-wide warfare, we need a strong advisor on technology and science. Your country needs you!"
There is a world where war walkers and supertanks contend on the battlefield, and rocket fighters duel high in the air. A world where adventurers and super-spies battle the Nazis across the globe, and great evil is faced with great courage - with a little help from Science. This is the world of Gear Krieg!
This sourcebook for the Gear Krieg Roleplaying game covers the weird and wonderful inventions of the pulp genre: combat walkers, jet packs, electric guns and other "weird science" devices that change the face of the world on a daily basis. The book has guidelines on how to add pulp vehicles and items in a campaign, along with hints and adventure ideas to jumpstart any game. This book features:
- An history of Superscience in the Modern Age;
- Overview of the major fields of research and invention;
- Biographies of major scientists and other important characters;
- Plot hooks and adventure seeds for all types of campaigns and locations;
- Extensive guidelines and tips to incorporate superscience in pulp-style adventuring;
- Sample archetypes and vehicles with datacards.
You will need a copy of Gear Krieg: the Roleplaying Game, a few six-sided dice, pen and paper to use this manual.