Revised Dice and Dramatics
A d20 Guide to Better Role-Playing
By Ben Mowbray
Dice and Dramatics is a general guide to improving your game through better role-playing. It is geared towards players and DMs of Fantasy d20 settings.
It discusses many issues, some simple, some obvious, while others obscure or easily overlooked. We've tried to make the guide as simple as possible without going overboard.
You won't find any complex new rules, feats or classes in this work, however, what you will find is a multitude of helpful hints and tips to help you develop your roleplaying. The guide covers such topics as avoiding meta-game thinking, thinking in your character's shoes, personality traits, creating a more detailed description of your character and background, and role-playing tips for non-human races.
There is also a section on equipment, magical items and spells that are designed to be interesting and practical more so than powerful.
We hope you enjoy Dice and Dramatics.
- Tips for role-playing your character in-game, including how to avoid meta-thinking, how to think in your character's shoes, using voices, developing your character's personality and much more.
- Considerations to make while creating a character, including advice on teaming up with your DM to create a character with intricate ties to her plots.
- Advice for including props, voices, cut scenes, music and images in your game to stimulate your senses and enrich the feel of your campaign.
- Tips on role-playing the senses fully.
- Tips for role-playing non-human races, including the core fantasy races, such as elves, dwarves and halflings; the savage races, including bugbears, goblins, minotaurs, orcs and their kith and kin; and template races, from asimar and tieflings to lycanthropes and vampires.
- A variety of new 'mundane' spells, equipment and magical items for more conventional every day use in a fantasy setting:
- Equipment including several knives, armoured corsets for the ladies, and a variety of medieval clothing.
- Magical devices aimed at improving every day life, such as Perfume of Personality, Broom of Cleaning, the Ice Box of Preservation and, every father's dream come true, Chauncy's Belt of Chastity (which will aim a specifically targeted magic missile at the offending organs of the would-be intruder!)
- Spells such as Kalen's Fantastic Fat Burner to get rid of those extra pounds your character put on during the festive season, or Ease Birth to give those mothers to be a quick and painless birth.
- Tips for role-playing characters from the other side of the DM screen.
- 70 Pages, illustrated including 25% more material.
- Indexed online browsing and printer friendly versions