Deadly GamesThe Society of Sinister Sport
Written By: Brian Patterson
Page Count: 92 pages
Cover by: Duncan Fielden
Illustrated by: Dave Hendee, Jessica Jones, Tom Martin, Jolyon Minns, Anthony Monorchio, Benjamin D. Richards
The classic test of an adventurer's skill. Bizarre traps and exotic monsters stand in the way of ancient treasures. Cruel villains often use them to hide their machinations from the prying of adventuring meddlers.
But some dungeons want to be found.
Rumors tell of these great death traps, where adventurers are lured or forced to compete for the entertainment of the Society of Sinister Sport, a secretive organization devoted to profiting from the injury and death of adventurers - for the rich and jaded will pay grandly for the chance to watch heroes fall.
The creators of Tournaments, Fairs, & Taverns present four devious death-traps, designed to be inserted into an existing campaign as a uniquely challenging encounter, or to be used individually as a one-night session for when you don't have a game planned. From the psychological horrors of the Dungeon of Darkest Shadow to the hellspawned hordes within the Well of Fiends, you will find many ways within to challenge your characters with these Deadly Games.
- The Society of Sinister Sport contains all that is known about the organization that hosts these games, and provides the game master with suggestions for roleplaying the noteworthy members of the Society. Also provided are sample adventure hooks for how you can include the Society into your campaign.
- Running the Games will help game masters actually run their players through one of these arenas, detailing key new rules and options to make the games more intense.
- ?Why would anyone willingly compete in these games.? Tips to keep characters coming back for more as you master the artform of giving out rewards.
- The Great Hall - the first dungeon the Society created, an old Dwarvish temple converted into a sturdy death trap.
- The Dungeon of Darkest Shadow - a maze built to resemble winding caverns, where magic inhibits all light that could reveal its dangerous secrets.
- The Island of Sport - a volcanic island home to cannibals and many savage animals.
- The Well of Fiends - the most dangerous arena, an infernal pit of lava and dark magic, all focused on a huge demon chained in the center of the dungeon.
- Appendix One: Traps contains information of standard traps that recur in these arenas.
- Appendix Two: Opponents contains stats for various common monsters and foes.
- Appendix Three: Sample Contestants gives you sixteen characters, four suited for a quick game in each arena.
This file contains two PDFs. One is the screen version of the book (in colour, with page borders and everything), and the second is the printer-friendly version (black & white, no background image, no sidebar image).