. Run FASTER
Guard Duty is a squad-based, tactical survival game, designed for 2 to 5 players. The objective of the game is for each player to use a team of special forces Bodyguards that they draft to lead a VIP safely through the city to an escape, battling through a gauntlet of opposition and evading a relentless, invincible cybernetic hunter.
All that you'll need in order to play the game, other than this book, are a few simple decks of playing cards (1 for each player), the Jokers removed.
This 39-page book contains:
- Simple-to-learn mechanics for moving your squad of bodyguards through the city, and for combating those remorseless hordes of enemies (not to mention tossing a few of them in the way of your fellow competitors)
- 15 fully fleshed-out, over-the-edge, play-balanced bodyguards (Like a cybernetically reconstructed Tyrannosaurus Rex with more gun mounts than a naval cruiser, or a living munitions depot for on-the-go arms distribution) for recruitment into each player's 3-man squad.
- Easy-to-reference charts, so you don?t have to stop to write anything down or flip back through the manual.
- 3 sheets of fully-colored counters, representing wounds, fatigue and in-game positions.
- An atmospheric setting chronology, in case you?re interested in what stakes are at hand.
Game length averages from 1 to 2 and a half hours. Recommended for players 14 years of age or older.