Pitting the PCs against the mob, a Marxist revolutionary, crooked lawyers, and the Archangel Mikhael, Church and State is a massive Bronze Age adventure that tears events from the headlines and recasts them into Four Color spectacle. Church and State combines pavement pounding combat, hard boiled investigation, and gritty politics in a scenario sure to test the mettle, the morals, and the moxie of your heroes! This first Superlink product from Brand's Brand Publications is designed to be run in a generic city setting, and will fit into any urban campaign.
Church and State includes:
- A full-length adventure with a flexible structure that allows PC actions to determine the course of play while still giving ample support to the GM.
- Maps for all important scenes and locations, including detailed benchmarks for common items found in super-human combat.
- Over 50 new NPCs, including 2 antagonistic heroes, 5 super villains, mobsters, lawyers, and celebrities. Also includes 20 new Supporting Cast archetypes that can be used in any urban adventure.
- A system of Genre Points to give your games a more comic book feel, whether it's Bronze, Silver, or Golden Age.
- A system for Investigation Montages that lets super-investigators strut their stuff with as much detail as they want.
- A 108 page adventure with a 35 page Combat Support booklet with maps, art, and easy combat sheets for all the major NPCs.