60-page PDF in 2 formats (printable portait and screen-readable landscape, both included).
Material from Metablades has been selected for inclusion in "Monte Cook Presents: The Year's Best d20!" Thanks from everyone who worked on it to Malhavoc Press for this astounding honor. See our Products page for more information.
You can also preview the art gallery and bonus web content!
Many wizards and warriors now learn to utilize both combative and magical skills, and a few, like the arcane archer, have begun to blend magic and combat into a single synergistic art. The skills and secrets in this volume will help you, too, learn what can be done to make your magical fighter or martial wizard into a distinctive, potent character with unique combinations of powers.
This expanded edition updates the psionic content for the rules presented in the Expanded Psionics Handbook, as well as presenting epic-level content and new feats, spells and other goodies!
- 45 new feats including spell-powered feats for permanent arcane benefits, as well as martial arts styles for the magically inclined.
- 13 new prestige classes for creating eldritch warriors.
- More than 45 new spells and powers.
- Over 50 new enchanted items designed for usefulness in combat.
- Full support for psionic campaigns including psychic feats, classes, powers and items.
- New epic-level material, including 16 epic feats.
- Six sample characters to illustrate how the material can be used, suitable for inclusion in campaigns of many power levels.
- Updated for maximum compatibility with both revisions of the 3rd Edition, including the expanded psionics rules.
Metablades Expanded Edition is the key to making your character more than simply a fighter/wizard or a barbarian/druid. As a guide to distinctive character creation, it is highly useful to both players and game masters.
"options are well done and can easily be used. The writers did a nice job on this using many areas of the game like psionics and epic rules to make their creations the best they can be." ?Crothian, ENWorld [***]
"...an intriguing sourcebook that allows characters to explore the possibilities of fusing spellcasting ability with fighting prowess if they wish to. The fact that psionics is included shows that psionics is a possibility to be added to martial prowess and bring the result to a higher level." ?maransreth, d20zines [83%, B]
Prefer the original Psionics Handbook? The first edition of Metablades is still available!
This guidebook requires the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook, 3rd Edition, published by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Players and game masters who wish to use the psionics material herein will also need the Expanded Psionics Handbook.