Valherjar: The Chosen Slain
Epic Roleplaying in a Modern Day Ragnarok
Whatever you believed would happen; you go to Heaven, burn in Hell, spin the next turn on some karmic wheel, or just fade like a flame, death was supposed to be the end of the struggle and strife of this life.
You fell valiantly, in one of the thousands of ways warriors always have; holding the line on some battlefield, tending to the wounded, defending hearth and home -- whatever it was, it defined you, and you died in the pursuit of an ideal greater than yourself.
But, regardless of what you believed, that was only the beginning.
Now you live among the Aesir, the gods of Norse mythology, who are embroiled in an epic struggle for the future of humanity. Ragnarok, the apocalypse ordained to destroy almost all of creation, is on the horizon and you have been recruited to become an elite foot soldier in the clandestine battle to stop it. As a Valherjar you are imbued with the magic of the gods and returned to the modern world, standing along side history's greatest warriors, engaging in a battle of subterfuge, political insurgency, and covert action, desperate to change fate in defiance of destiny.
The Valherjar: The Chosen Slain Core Rulebook Includes:
- A Fully Realized Mythology for the Valherjar and Their Nemesis, the Jotnar
- Six Dramatically Different Aettir, or Clans, and the Patron Gods that Inspire Them
- Over Eighty Spells Based on Traditional Schools of Runic Magic
- Realistically Modeled Statistics for More than Fifty Styles of Weapons and Armor
- Resources for Playing Historical Characters within a Modern Setting
- Two Dozen Original Creatures and Monsters Influenced by Norse Eddas and Sagas
- Dual Statted Roleplaying Rules for both AOR Gaming System and D20/OGL Play
- 233 Pages, Painted Color Cover, B&W Interior
- Includes Both Full Layout and Print Friendly Versions
- 10.7 mb Download