48-page PDF in portrait format.
You can preview the artwork and some sample creatures from this book!
A Bestiary of Inspirations
Do your players know every creature they run into like the back of their hand? Are you tired of heaping completely new elements into your game every time you want to give them something different? Or are you a new GM daunted by the amount of work required to template even a single vampire, ghost or lycanthrope?
A Flock of Foes will help you use the familiar elements of the game you already know how to play. This book takes the templates and classes you understand, and uses them in original combinations to make the iconic creatures you're getting tired of fresh again for you and your players. Included are some suggestions for campaign hooks, alchemical creations, spell components, common treasure and, of course, complete stats. New rule content is kept to a minimum to facilitate the easy use of these creatures and encounters in your game.
- Over 40 creatures with a "new" feel that you already know how to run, plus 20 skeletons and zombies.
- Evocative illustrations bring several creatures and antagonists to life.
- Suggestions for related items, power components, story hooks and other tidbits to help integrate these creatures into your game.
- New templates for creating golems from other base creatures.
- Complete adjusted game statistics for each creature to speed up game preparation.
A Flock of Foes is Genjitsu's first offering of new creatures built from familiar pieces, designed as an excellent resource for time-starved gamemasters.
This guidebook requires the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook, 3rd Edition, published by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. This product utilizes updated material from the v.3.5 revision.