Anybody that's ever run a game knows it can be a chore. Between stuffing monsters in dungeon rooms, drawing maps, finding that careful balance between giving the PCs too much or, worse, facing the dreaded TPK (total party kill), it's a tough job being the GM. And whether you're an old hand, with several editions under your belt, or a first timer, still wet behind the ears, you undoubtedly want your games to be the very best they can be. Green Ronin's Advanced Gamemaster's Guide is designed specifically for you. It brings everything together and gives you the tools to raise you and your player's enjoyment. Usable by itself or alongside Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary and the Advanced Player's Manual, books in the Advanced Series take 3rd Era rules the next step. Inside you'll find a slew of useful material, including:
- Expert advice on building a campaign, from tips on world building to adventure and campaign construction. This book also includes ideas for running published adventures and a framework for building your own adventures and NPCs.
- Advice for improving the play area, such as using props, miniatures, mood music, and other helpful suggestions, while also addressing the best ways to take advantage of players' strengths and working with challenging play styles.
- Guidelines for changing the rules to make the game fit your vision. Options including class dodge bonuses, expanded critical hits, and quick resolution mass combat are all ways to make your game exciting and unique.
- Ways to speed up play such as set damage and criticals, simplified attacks of opportunity and more.
- Ways to add complexity like fortune points, variant spell systems, and experience debt.
- Character options including variant power levels, character backgrounds, building resources for downtime between adventures, and alternate methods for advancing characters such as vision quests and advanced training rules.
- Fantastic treasure including mundane item materials, to new armor and weapon qualities, and all new magic items such as boons, chakras, and levin.
- Rules for crafting artifacts.
- New poisons, diseases, and conditions like enamored and bewildered.
- New mechanics for mystic locations and unusual environments like the dreaded transstorm.
- Sample initiative cards and a campaign worksheet for recording your game changes.
- Cool illustrations from top artists like Kent Burles, Lisa Wood, Joseph Wigfield, Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Terry Pavlet, and James Smith III.
From the expert pen of Black Company Campaign Setting and Bastards and Bloodlines author Owen K.C. Stephens, the Advanced Gamemaster's Guide gives you the tools to take your games to a new level. Whether running a one-shot game or an extended campaign, this book is for you.
This product utilizes updated material from the v.3.5 revision.
- PDF Features:
- Linked Table of Contents
- Created from source files - not a scanned PDF
- Gold Vendor Updates*
- Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or later
- Edition Credits:
- Design: Owen KC Stephens
- Additional Material: JD Wiker
- Editing: Mike Johnstone
- Development: Robert J. Schwalb
- Graphic Design: Marc Schmalz
- Art Direction and Additional Graphic Design: Hal Mangold
- Cover Art: William C. Eaken
- Interior Art: Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Kent Burles, Marcio Fiorito, Pat Loboyko, Terry Pavlet, James Smith III. Joseph Wigfield, Lisa Wood
- Executive Producer: Chris Pramas
- Green Ronin Staff: Steve Kenson, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Chris Pramas, Marc Schmalz, Evan Sass, and Robert J. Schwalb.
- Demo Link Details:
- The Demo button links to four pages of Chapter Two: Adjudicating Play. Read along as author Owen K. C. Stephens discusses house rules, and provides two: the bushwhacking rule and the class dodge bonus. The Green Ronin website has additional free material associated with this book.
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”