Doppelgangers have spawned hundreds of rumors and stories. What adventurer doesn’t have a tale about the time he fought a doppelganger assassin, stopped one from impersonating the duke, or was surprised by a doppelganger disguised as his friend? But these accounts leave many questions unanswered. What do doppelgangers do when they aren’t assassinating or impersonating people? Why do they work for humans – and how do prospective employers find them, anyway? Are there doppelganger communities?
Written by Eberron creator Keith Baker, this 3.5-edition book examines the psychology and motivations of these mysterious creatures. It looks at the lifecycle of the doppelganger, and reveals the existence of biological variations of the creature. For the fact of the matter is that there are doppelgangers all around -- they are far more common than people believe.
The Complete Guide to Doppelgangers is a stand-alone, world-neutral sourcebook covering everything you ever wanted to know about doppelgangers. This edition has been updated to the 3.5 rules set. As a GM, you'll learn how to run doppelgangers -- both in combat and role-playing situations. And since every Complete Guide includes guidelines on playing the monster as a character race, players have new options, too.
The Complete Guide to Doppelgangers features:
- The true origin of these bizarre creatures.
- Background on doppelganger social structure, including their various life stages and details on how they have penetrated human and demi-human society.
- Unique campaign ideas and adventure hooks centered around doppelgangers.
- New monster stats for intriguing variations on the standard doppelganger.
- This special 3.5 update includes all the additional freebie material originally released online and in Game Trade magazine.
Writer: Keith Baker
Cover Artist: V. Shane
Interior Artist: Andy Hopp