Sharpen Your Blade and Watch Your Back!
Since 1979, Sanctuary has been the nastiest, ugliest, and grittiest city in fantasy fiction. It is a place appropriately nicknamed "Thieves' World." The fourteen anthologies of the Thieves' World series and the Sanctuary novel by Lynn Abbey have detailed this dark and dangerous city and the world in which it exists, through the literary voices of some of the most influential authors in modern fantasy fiction!
Now, Sanctuary is yours to explore with the Thieves' World Player's Manual, the definitive 3rd Era guide for creating characters and playing in this classic and vibrant fantasy setting. Inside this book, you'll find:
- A detailed primer of Sanctuary including overviews of the various neighborhoods and the people living there.
- An all new culture and background system to provide the ultimate flexibility for character creation, with over 14 cultures and over 20 backgrounds, from prizefighter to merchant to soldier.
- New Thieves' World-appropriate base classes such as the learned savant, powerful godsworn, and the dreaded witch.
- Over a dozen new prestige classes, each bringing to life a different aspect of the Thieves' World stories. Take on the oath of the Sacred Bander, join the Blue Star Adepts, or train to be a fearsome Hazard Mage!
- New skills and feats like Gamble, Crippler's Eye, Witchblooded, and Touch the Otherworld.
- Full rules for infection, severe wounds, and massive damage, all reflecting the deadly world of the anthologies.
- Who you are and who you know matters in Sanctuary. The Thieves' World Player's Manual provides new rules for character reputations and contacts.
- An all-new evocative magic system that captures the elusive--and often dangerous--nature of magic in the Thieves' World anthologies. Also included are rules for crafting new magic items, such as the focus and matrix.
- Extensive new rules for bestowing curses, a form of magic that even the lowliest beggar can wield...for a price.
- Over 20 new domains like Inspiration and Night, and details on the gods of Sanctuary and the wider world.
- Top-notch art from some of the industry's best, including Kent Burles, Ilya Astrakhan, Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, and Mike Vilardi.
- A Tale of Two Cities, a brand new Thieves' World short story written by Lynn Abbey.
Explore the Maze, enjoy the delights of the Street of Red Lanterns, or take part in the fight against Dyareela's cultists. The dark and dangerous streets of Sanctuary hold both great reward and dangers beyond imagination. The Thieves' World Player's Manual is your gateway to adventure!
While the Thieves' World Player's Manual contains all the basic tools you need for adventuring in Sanctuary, it is just the first book in a series detailing this most dangerous of fantasy cities. The series continues with a tale of death and intrigue in Murder at the Vulgar Unicorn, and the deeper secrets of Thieves' World are explored in Shadowspawn's Guide to Sanctuary. Finally, the Thieves' World Gazetteer expands the scope to take in the wider world.
The World of Sanctuary Awaits You!
The product uses material from the v3.5 revision.
BookmarkedLinked Table of ContentsCreated from source files - not a scanned PDFGold Vendor Updates*
Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or laterEdition Credits:Design:
Lynn Abbey, Gary Astleford, Patrick O'Duffy, and Robert J. SchwalbEditing:
Scott Fitzgerald GrayProofreading:
Robert J. Schwalb, Nicole LindroosDevelopment:
Robert J. SchwalbArt Direction and Graphic Design:
Hal MangoldInterior Art:
Ilya Astrakhan, Toren â€œMacbinâ€ Atkinson, Kent Burles, Jonathan Kirtz, Pat Loboyko, Manoel Moreira, Mike VilardiCover Art:
Rob LazzarettiExecutive Producer:
Chris PramasGreen Ronin Staff:
Steve Kenson, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Chris Pramas, Evan Sass, Marc Schmalz, and Robert J. SchwalbPlaytesters:
Sam Adams, Tony Altiere, Nick Appleby, Kacey "Kc" Arnold, Joe Baker, Bryce Barrow, Adam Blackwood, Doug Buck, Christian B. Carey, Marlene Carey, Tyler Carey, Jacob Chabot, Martin Chamberlin, Eric Charles, Pat Collins, Jeff Curtis, Travis T. Dale, John Double, Gareth Edel, Stephan Edel, Phil Ekstrand, Robert Eldridge, Brian Fallehey, Tim Ferree, John French, Eric Garcia, Jan-Philipp GÃ&frac;14;rtler, Brian Gute, Barry Hales, Jim Hart, Kristian Hartmann, Joe Holesinger, Mark Hugo, Rosemary James, Billy Kelch II, Eva Klein, Matthew Klein, Zak Kauffman, Dave Lawrence, Romesh Lhakan, Zach Lint, Veronica Lustre, Andrew McCool, Bob McDonald, Chris Middleton, Russell Moore, Muir Murdoch, Michael B. Pierce, Steve Rushing, Jim Sales, Clemens SchÃ¤fer, Conrad SchÃ¤fer, Nick Seaman, John Slaughter, Richard Temple, Dave Vershaw, Aaron Wamsley, Jennifer Wamsley, Lydia Wedge, Marc WienerDemo Link Details:
These four pages from Chapter Four: Classes
give you the low-down on the Crime Lord and the Gladiator. But don't get cocky just because you have a little insider info, pal--these guys are still just as dangerous to you as everyone else in Sanctuary is.
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”