The Wrong Place at the Wrong Time...
Sanctuary. Thieves' World. The grittiest city in fantasy is now yours to explore. For as long as the city has stood, it has weathered divine wars, plague, famine, fires, an invasion, cults, and worse--but are there heroes left to fight against the newest plot to destroy this infamous city?
A sudden and seemingly random murder in the Vulgar Unicorn puts the heroes' freedom in jeopardy. To clear their names, they have to get to the bottom of a terrifying plot to infect the city with a vicious plague. From the outset, the action keeps coming, taking the heroes from the Maze to the Swamp of Night's Secrets, and embroiling them in a vicious plot involving Dyareelan cultists, diseased swine, assassins, and more!
Murder at the Vulgar Unicorn includes:
- A complex mystery chock full of action and adventure.
- New monsters including the Bengil Crab and the Fenniath.
- Six player handouts.
- Five pre-generated characters so you can get started right away!
- Stats for typically encountered NPCs like Beggars, Guards, Merchants and more.
- 13 side adventures and encounters to enhance play
- A detailed map and room description of the Vulgar Unicorn: fantasy's seediest tavern!
Set in the Irrune Era, this adventure provides suggestions for adapting it to the Sanctuary of the classic series. Murder at the Vulgar Unicorn accommodates parties of four to six characters, and while suggested for 1st-level heroes, it can be used with modification for parties of any level. Useable as the start of a new campaign or as a stand-alone adventure, this adventure sets the tone for the Thieves' World campaign setting.
The World of Sanctuary Awaits You!
The product uses material from the v3.5 revision. Though not required, a copy of Green Ronin's Thieves' World Player's Manual allows you to make the most use out of this exciting adventure.
- PDF Features:
- Linked Table of Contents
- Created from source files - not a scanned PDF
- Gold Vendor Updates*
- Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or later
- Edition Credits:
- Design: Owen K.C. Stephens
- Additional Material: Robert J. Schwalb
- Editing: Joanna Hurley
- Proofreading: Scott Neese
- Development: Robert J. Schwalb
- Art Direction and Graphic Design: Hal Mangold
- Interior Art: Ilya Astrakhan, Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Kent Burles, Talon Dunning, Jeremy Mohler, Manoel Moreira, Mike Vilardi
- Cover Art: Ozan Art
- Cartography: Rob Lazzaretti
- Executive Producer: Chris Pramas
- Green Ronin Staff: Steve Kenson, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Chris Pramas, Evan Sass, Marc Schmalz, and Robert J. Schwalb
- Playtesters: Sam Adams, Robert Eldridge, Timm Ferree, Barry Hales, Jim Hart, Zach Lint, Andrew McCool, Chris Middleton, Steve Rushing, Jon Slaughter, Richard Temple, Aaron Wamsley, Jennifer Wamsley
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”