Welcome to the GM's Day sale! From now through March 15th, this title has been marked down by 30%! For more values, visit our GM's Day sale page.
As parties of adventurers roam the globe in search of treasure, not everything they find will be gold, silver, or precious gems. Sometimes the party will come across more mundane, yet still valuable, commodities that are bought and sold every day and help keep the world economies going. How do you determine what the value of a bushel of wheat, or a barrel of wine should be? If a party should ?liberate? a cargo of pepper from a merchant ship, what price will they get when they sell it in the next port?
To answer this question Tangent Games has created Commodity Cards. Commodity Cards are cards that the GM can print out and use to determine the type, quantity, and value for different commodities. Commodity Cards I: Food and Drink only deals with those commodities that are edible, or can be used to make edible food.
Commodity Cards I: Food and Drink contains 300 different commodities for use in your game.
Some of the standard uses for the Commodity Cards are:
- Used as random treasure for mundane items in caravans and merchant or pirate ships.
- Used to determine the inventory for a merchant's stall or store in the local marketplace.
- Used as random treasure in dungeons (even orcs and goblins have to eat, and they make raids on local villages for these items).
Some other, non-standard uses for the Commodity Cards are:
- To depict items in a caravan the party is guarding.
- To indicate payment the party must make to a local warlord or evil dragon so a local village does not come to harm.
- To determine wholesale cost for PCs wanting to open their own business.
Also included in this product are rules for Haggling and determining how supply and demand affects the sale price of a commodity. In addition, we have also included tables so that you can randomly determine a commodity without printing off a single card for those GMs that prefer to do everything online.
What are you waiting for? Order Commodity Cards I: Food and Drink today!