By Rodney Thompson (co-author of Dragon Magic and Crisis in Freeport).
First things first: The only other books you need to run this adventure are the Core Rulebooks. No other product from The Game Mechanics is required. While the adventure is set in the same city of Liberty detailed in the City Quarters Series, all the material required to run Ring of Thieves has been included here.
Ring of Thieves is an urban adventure for four 3rd-level characters set in the Old Quarter of Liberty, an urban fantasy setting created by JD Wiker and Christopher West. The setting is designed to be used as a whole or mined for useful details. Every aspect of the city is created with the larger city setting in mind?but designed so that GMs can pick and choose which elements to include in their own campaigns.
This adventure focuses on the interaction between the various criminal elements within the Old Quarter and pits the party against footpads, assassins, the city watch, and various other dangerous individuals. Over the course of the adventure, players have a chance to interact with the seedier elements of Liberty society, rubbing elbows with sailors, mercenaries, and thugs throughout. Ring of Thieves is also a mystery, designed to give players ample opportunity to use their investigative and social skills as well as the brute force of strong-arming informants and exchanging blows with corrupt watch wardens.
By adopting the locations and NPCs in this adventure for your own city, or by tweaking the adventure to match the urban geography and characters of your own campaign city, Ring of Thieves can be integrated with most any urban fantasy campaigns.
If you are intrigued or inspired by the City Quarters material in Ring of Thieves (anything under a "Location" heading), you can find more resources for your home campaign in Thieves' Quarter and Temple Quarter.
Requires the use of the Dungeons & Dragons?, Third Edition Core Books, published by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. This product utilizes updated material from the v.3.5 revision.
- PDF Features:
- Created from digital source files - not a scanned PDF
- Gold Vendor Updates*
- Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or later
- Edition Credits:
- Design & Development: Rodney Thompson
- Additional Design: JD Wiker
- Editing: JD Wiker, Marc Schmalz & Rich Redman
- Creative Direction: JD Wiker
- Proofreading: JD Wiker & Vincent Szopa
- Art Direction: Stan!
- Cartography: Christopher West
- Layout and Typesetting: Marc Schmalz
- Cover Artist: Clarence Harrison
- Cover Design: Marc Schmalz & Christopher West
- Interior Artists: Clarence Harrison, & Pete Schlough
- Playtesters: John Bell, James Hamilton, Doug Hyatt, Brett Thompson, Clay Venable
- City of Liberty conceived by JD Wiker and Christopher West
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.