There are many possible universes to TRAVELLER. As the world's first science-fiction role-playing game, it was originally designed with the entire spectrum of SF stories in mind-from hard science fiction, to social science fiction (both human and alien), to the speculative realms of psionic powers, to "space opera" and high adventure. Early in the game's development, however, due to player demand, a singular vision of the universe began to evolve. It was a vision of the Third Imperium, a vast interstellar empire, heir to two others that have arisen and fallen over the millennia of human history. It was a vision of amazing deeds, brilliant successes and monumental tragedies, as humaniti struggled to tame the galaxy, and to master itself. As a backdrop, this history is quite large enough to still allow for that original broad range of SF stories, but able also to provide unity to the game.
- Witness the first days of the Third Imperium.
- What every diplomat should know about contacting a new world.
- How important a role do the Scouts play?
- What every citizen should know about the Third Imperium's power structures.
- Learn about the many adventure opportunities in Year 0.
- Emperor Cleon revealed!
- Get around the Core with an official map.