Freedom Needs You!
There are times when superheroes like the Freedom League just aren't around: that's where you come in. You're the first line of defense when a super-villain rampages through midtown or a clone army attacks the city. You hold the line and keep the city, the nation, and the world safe, and you do it without super-powers or some fancy costume.
Agents of Freedom details "agent" level characters and adventures for Mutants & Masterminds, including suggested power levels for four different styles of game, how to create agent characters, details on skill use and feats, and agent archetypes like the Dashing Spy and Hard-Nosed Commander. It also includes plenty of agent equipment, from weapons and gadgets to suped-up vehicles and secret headquarters.
Agents of Freedom features three heroic agencies and one villanious one for the Freedom Citysetting:
- The STAR Squad: the Freedom City Police Department's Superhuman Tactics and Regulation division; top cops charged with the task of arresting super-powered criminals, most of whom aren't inclined to go peacefully!
- AEGIS: the American Elite Government Intervention Service, the U.S. government agency dealing with super-powered threats. Learn about their history of conflict, their elite agents, and their secret headquarters and equipment, as well as the agency's current agenda.
- UNISON: the United Nations International Superhero Oversight Network, gathering information on threats to the world. Read the checkered history of the agencies that came before and where UNISON is going.
- SHADOW: the Secret Hierarchy of Agents for Domination Over the World! The clone minions of the sinister Overshadow give your agents legions of foes, and the members of the organization's ruling Penumbra offer masterminds for endless plots, from the sorcery of the Crimson Mask to the terrorist front organization of Overthrow.
You can also use all the information in Agents of Freedom to supplement your Mutants & Masterminds superhero games set in Freedom City, with allies for your heroes and new villains for them to fight!
Written by award-winning author Scott Bennie, Agents of Freedom has everything you need to run your own super-agent adventures and campaigns, including an introductory adventure - Return of SHADOW - for a new Agents of Freedom series. The world thinks SHADOW is no more, but true evil never dies.
So suit up, agent! Freedom City and the world need you!
BookmarkedLinked Table of ContentsCreated from source files - not a scanned PDFGold Vendor Updates*
Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or laterEdition Credits:Design:
Steve KensonGraphic Design:
Hal MangoldCover Art:
Scott JamesAdditional Material:
Joanna HurleyArt Direction:
jim pinto & Hal MangoldExecutive Producer:
Chris PramasInterior Art:
Jeff Carlisle, Attila Adorjany, Anthony Grabski, D'Alexander Gregory, Jonathan Hunt, Scott James, Jake Parker, Tony Parker, Craig TailleferOrganization Logo:
Designs Hal Mangold & Steve KensonPlaytesters:
D.T. Butchino, Bob Huss, Dave Mattingly, Tom Miskey, Shannon Nordmarken, Mike O'Donnell, Wayne Shaw, Steve Sloane, Ben Robbins, Ben Serwa, Aaron SullivanProofreading:
Evan SassGreen Ronin Staff:
Chris Pramas, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Steve Kenson, Evan Sass, Robert J. "Dr. Evil" Schwalb, Marc Schmalz, Jim Pinto, and Bill BoddenFirst Edition Graphic Design & Art Direction:
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”