A Severn Valley Sourcebook and Open Campaign
"The castle came into view as I turned the corner and left behind me a row of untenanted cottages. It was set on the crest of a hill, three walls still standing, though the roof had long ago collapsed. A lone tower stood like a charred finger against the pale sky, and I momentarily wondered if this were the tower around whose window bats had clustered so long ago."
— Ramsey Campbell, "The Room in the Castle."
This large, profusely illustrated book collects nearly everything known about the Lovecraftian-style universe which famous horror author Ramsey Campbell set in England's West Country. Reference chapters include Books and Artifacts, Cults, a lengthy Denizens chapter, Magic, and orientation material for Britain and the U.K., and for Campbell Country itself — the Severn Valley.
The eight scenarios are organized into a loose campaign which can be followed or not, as the keeper wishes. Among the places visited are Brichester, Mercy Hill, Lower Brichester, Lake Brichester, Temphill, Severnford, and of course Goatswood.
- The Campbell Mythos by Scott David Aniolowski
- Campbell Country: Goatswood Gazetteer by Gary Sumpter, Scott Aniolowski & Divers Hands
- Britain and the United Kingdom: by Scott David Aniolowski, Mike Mason, and Alan Glover
- "The Windthrope Legacy" by Scott David Aniolowski
- "Gothic" by Richard Watts
- "Silent Scream" by Scott David Aniolowski
- "Cross My Heart, Hope to Die" by J. Todd Kingrea
- "The Watcher Out of Time" by Clifton Ganyard
- "Unpleasant Dreams" by Scott David Aniolowski and Gary Sumpter
- "Blessed Be" by Gary Sumpter
- "Of Dreams and Dark Waters" by Rob Malkovich
- "Third Time's the Charm" by Steve Spisak