Note: This is the stand alone version of The Colonies, using PIG's 2d6 (Xd6) system. An EABA version is also available.
An alien race came to Earth's aid at a time of crisis. Little did we know that payback would mean slavery. Earth's first space colony, Mars is the new seat of freedom and democracy for the human race. Teamed up with volunteers from four other newly discovered colonies, the Mars Off-World Militia begins its efforts to free Earth.
- 2d6(Xd6) rules: a comprehensive, yet simple game system that uses two (or more) six-sided dice.
- Players may use characters from any one of the 5 colonies plus Earth.
- Psionics: mental telepathy and telekinesis
- Biotech: genetic engineering, gene tampering, and tissue growth
- Nanotech: microscopic machines which operate within man and machine
- Implants: bio-mechanical replacement parts
- Autonomies: intelligent computer programs which operate independently
- Exotech: self-powered suits and armor
- Research & Development: create and design weapons, genetic modifications, nanotech, implants, computers, armor suits, and more.
- Hyperlinked table of contents and bookmarks.
Includes character and armor sheets which may be duplicated for personal use. Now including a weapons update.
Other updates available at the pigames.net web site.
"Go buy this game!! I just read most of the book and I have to say it's right up there with CP2020 [Cyberpunk] and Blue Planet as my fave sci-fi games.""First off, this is one of the most professional products that I've seen in pdf format. The mechanics are elegant and reasonably flexible... Character creation is quite fast and, though I'm not entirely versed in the nuances of the system, seems to result in balanced characters with useful skills. The sidebars are a really great feature that helped me navigate through each chapter... the Experience section gives definite rewards for specific acts in the game, and is something that can help steer the campaign in the right direction. There is a lot of good material here, and the writing is elegant and not at all wasteful, but it's still a good 70 pages."Click here to read review #1.Click here to read review #2.
|Precis Intermedia's PDFinPrint™ service is available for this product after purchase. Now you can get PDFs made into softcovers for a small fee. Contact Precis Intermedia after purchase for more information.|