Ancient Evils Descend on Freeport!
A new day may have dawned in the City of Adventure, but evil still walks the streets of Freeport, and foul plots hatch in its shadows. When beggars start disappearing, Finn, halfling leader of one of Freeport's most notorious crime organizations, the Syndicate, grows worried and "requests" the heroes look into the matter. This, however, is no simple murderer or overzealous watchman, as the adventurers soon find out, and what begins as a simple stake-out and investigation, quickly reveals a wicked plot involving terrifying demons, fiend lords, and a thing long forgotten. If the heroes don't act quickly, Freeport's many citizens stand to face an incalculable evil spawned at the city's doorstep.
Dark Wings over Freeport is a special Bleeding Edge adventure that takes place in one of roleplaying's most famous cities, Green Ronin's own Freeport: City of Adventure. Designed to supplement the Pirate's Guide to Freeport, this adventure offers everything you need to explore Freeport's nasty streets and contend with its unique character, all in the context of Bleeding Edge's brand of adventure. Inside this adventure, you'll find:
- Statistics for some of Freeport's iconic characters for 3rd Era rules.
- A vile recurring villain known as the Messenger.
- Tie-ins to Green Ronin's Book of Fiends.
- New magic items and pregenerated characters.
- Expanded stat-blocks to make running this adventure even easier.
A new threat stirs in Freeport, and hundreds of lives hang in the balance. Can the adventurers stop the wicked machinations of the Messenger and spare the city the wrath of his mistress? Find out in Dark Wings over Freeport!
Utilizes material from the v.3.5 revision.
- PDF Features:
- Created from source files - not a scanned PDF
- Gold Vendor Updates*
- Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or later
- Edition Credits:
- Design: Robert Vaughn
- Editing: Joanna G. Hurley
- Development: Robert J. Schwalb
- Proofreading: Evan Sass
- Art Direction and Graphic Design: Hal Mangold
- Cover Art: Lisa Wood
- Interior Art: Danilo Guida, Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Mike Vilardi
- Cartography: Andy Law and Sean MacDonald
- Executive Producer: Chris Pramas
- Green Ronin Staff: Bill Bodden, Steve Kenson, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Chris Pramas, Evan Sass, Marc Schmalz, and Robert "Dr. Evil" J. Schwalb
- Playtesters: Tyler Carey, Jacob Chabot, Travis Dale, Gareth Edel, Stephen Edel, Michael Elster, Naomi Ferree, Timm Ferree, Jan-Philipp Gartler, Kristian Hartmann, Mark Hugo, Zach "PFBOD" Lint, Andrew McCool, Clemens Shafer, Conrad Shafer, Andrew Tobiason, Aaron Wamsley, Jennifer Wamsley, and Jon Washburn
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”