The Best at What They Do...
...and what they do isn't very pretty. Go back to the grim days of the 1980s and '90s, when super-vigilantes in leather and chains dispensed harsh justice on the mean streets. Iron Age looks at the darkest era of comic book history and how you can bring it to life in your Mutants & Masterminds game.
In this book you'll find a history of the Iron Age of comics, an overview of the period, how to create and run Iron Age characters and games, and much more, including:
- Heroes! Ten new ready-to-play hero archetypes, including the Vigilante, the Ninja, the Demon of Vengeance, and the Gun-Toting Mutant from the Future!
- Villains! Eight new deadly villain archetypes to threaten your Iron Age heroes, each with two or more adventure hooks to play. They include the Crime Boss, the Evil Ninja, the Supernatural Menace, and the Metahuman Dictator.
- Freedom City! Details on the Iron Age of Green Ronin's award-winning Freedom City campaign setting. Go up against the corrupt Moore administration, meet up with the vigilantes of FORCE Ops, and take on the worst criminal scum in the city, from the crime lord Augustus Roman to the Fearsome and RIOT!
Iron Age also features the adventure Bad Medicine; get your series started with a bang as the heroes take on drug-pushers, the Mob, sinister mega-corporations and the menace of RIOT!
Iron Age is a shotgun blast of super-powered crime, betrayal, and vengeance. It ainâ€™t pretty, but someone has to clean up the streets. So the only question is...
...Do You Feel Lucky, Bub?
- PDF Features:
- Linked Table of Contents and Index
- Created from source files - not a scanned PDF
- Gold Vendor Updates*
- Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or later
- Edition Credits:
- Design: Seth Johnson & Jon Leithuesser
- Development: Steve Kenson
- Graphic Design: Hal Mangold
- Cover Art: Brian Hagan
- Aditional Material: Steve Kenson, Steven E. Schend, Jason Schneiderman
- Editing: Jason Schneiderman
- Art Direction: Hal Mangold
- Executive Producer: Chris Pramas
- Interior Art: Attilla Adorjany, Brett Barkley, Brian Hagan, Octographics, Axel Ortiz, Tony Parker, Uko Smith
- Cartongraphy: Sean MacDonald
- Playtesters: Chris Helton, DT Butchino, Bob Huss
- Proofreading: Evan Sass
- Green Ronin Staff: Chris Pramas, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Steve Kenson, Evan Sass, Robert J. "Dr. Evil" Schwalb, Marc Schmalz, and Bill Bodden
- First Edition Graphic Design & Art Direction: Sean Glenn
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”