The Greatest Dungeon Story Ever Told
"As the flame of my second life sputters and dims, I find myself thinking more and more on those heroes who, though we first met as enemies, granted me another opportunity to sip from life's cup. Great were their deeds and deep their wisdom, yet the tale of their adventures in Castle Whiterock has not been told: the helpless lives they saved and the wicked lives they ended, the diabolic ingenuity of their adversaries, the desperate moments when hope was faint, and their final victory over the terrible dragon Benthosruthsa."
"If I am granted sufficient time, I will see this amended. The world will know of the champions of Castle Whiterock."
-Koborth the Risen, General (retired)
Castle Whiterock is a complete campaign. This box holds more than 700 pages of material, enough to take new characters to 15th level and fuel a campaign for years. It contains:
- Four books detailing the dungeon’s 15 levels and 14 sub-levels, colored according to level: red book, blue book, green book, and black book. Every map location is fully described with stats included.
- A 56-page gazetteer of the Kingdom of Morrain, including the town of Cillamar.
- A 48-page book of maps.
- A 32-page book of player handouts.
- A poster map showing Cillamar on one side and the final two levels of the dungeon on the reverse.
- Six loose-leaf character sheets of the pregenerated heroes, ready to play out of the box, plus one blank character sheet to copy for later use.
- A 16-page index and glossary.
- Gazetteer of Morrain: Castle Whiterock includes a gazetteer covering the Kingdom of Morrain. This 9-page preview shows you an overview of the Kingdom. (6MB PDF) Click to download.
- Introduction Chapter: Learn the history, layout, and major players of Castle Whiterock in this 25-page preview PDF. (2MB PDF) Click to download.
- Level 9: In this preview, we showcase an entire level of Castle Whiterock! (1MB PDF) Click to download.
- Gamer’s Haven Podcast: Not a review, but an interview! Listen to the Gamer’s Haven podcast from 10-13-07 for an intriguing interview with Castle Whiterock authors Chris Doyle and Adrian Pommier! Click to listen.
Writers: Chris Doyle and Adrian Pommier
Additional Writing: Harley Stroh and Jeff LaSala
Editors: Ken Hart, Aeryn Rudel
Developer: Harley Stroh
Cartographer: Jeremy Simmons
Cover Artist: William McAusland
GMG5050, 761 pages, boxed set, $59.99