Unlock the Sinister Secrets of Freeport!
From the moment of Freeport's inception, the subversive cults of terrible and fearsome gods have plotted and connived to find a way to bend the city toward their own sinister goals. From the dreaded Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign to the alien priests of the snake-god Yig, it seems Freeport is infested with these strange and unsettling groups. Whether allied to some dreaded demon prince or serving a bloody ghost who demands his children kill for the love of killing, the cults of Freeport are a constant and dangerous threat, forces of such evil they nearly defy description. Most Freeporters may wonder what villainy is afoot, but many have learned to not look too closely, for sometimes it's better not to know what malfeasance brews in their neighbor's home ... or beneath their very feet.
Cults of Freeport peels back the swashbuckling facade of this infamous city to take an unflinching look at some of the most disturbing groups that call this city home. Inside this blistering sourcebook, you'll find eight lavishly detailed cults, including a detailed description of the cult's goals, motivations, tactics, and their impact on the city. In addition, each entry includes an overview of its membership, its recruitment policies, and tons of plot frameworks to help you feature these groups in adventures of your own design. Inside this sourcebook, you'll find details on all of the following cults:
- The Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign: A foul group of madmen devoted to the horrific Unspeakable One.
- The Priesthood of Yig: The ancient religion of the lost Valossan Empire that seeks to find its place in a world dominated by lesser races.
- The Lost Souls of Yarash: Bloodthirsty pirates that butcher innocents to glorify their bloody-handed god.
- The Esoteric Order of Starry Wisdom: A hidden cabal of wizards behind Freeport's Wizards' Guild who search for the power contained within the elusive Azoth Stone.
- Scions of the Destroyer: A filthy cult of demon-worshippers, they strive to release Abaddon from the Bottomless Pit and usher in the final age of the world.
- The Charnel Children: A ghoulish pack of cannibal children led by a muttering lunatic devoted to the bestial Charnel God.
- The Society of the Velvet Whip: Deviants dedicated to the exploration of pleasure and pain, they infest Freeport and erode its morality with their excess.
- The Obsidian Brotherhood: A strange cell of killers and scholars united in their thirst for the knowledge contained within the fragments of a being known only as the Wanderer.
Cults of Freeport follows the pattern established in The Pirate's Guide to Freeport in that it dispenses with game statistics to ensure this sourcebook useful no matter what campaign setting you use or game system you play. The Brotherhood of the Yellow Sign was just the beginning. Learn the unspeakable truth about Freeport's corruption in Cults of Freeport!
Created from source files - not a scanned PDFBookmarkedLinked Table of Contents and IndexGold Vendor Updates*
Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or laterEdition Credits:Design:
Steve Darlington, Jody Macgregor, Robert J. Schwalb, Dan White, and Chris WilliamsEditing:
Robert J. SchwalbProofreading:
Tim EmerickArt Direction and Graphic Design:
Hal MangoldCover Art:
Andy Law, Sean MacDonaldInterior Art:
Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Nick Greenwood, David Griffith, Danila Guida, Britt Martin, Michael Phillippi, Mike VilardiPublisher and Freeport Creator:
Chris PramasGreen Ronin Staff:
Bill Bodden, Steve Kenson, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Chris Pramas, Evan Sass, Marc Schmalz, Robert J. Schwalb, and Bill Bodden
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”