A 2008 ENnie Award Nominee!
This exciting book introduces comprehensive rules for playing intelligent animals in a wide variety of game settings and situations. It will be popular with everyone from groups that want to try all-animal or mixed animal/humanoid parties, to players who want to expand the options for their animal companions and familiars, to game masters who are looking for interesting and unexpected foes to run against their players.
Features of this "Animal Player’s Handbook" include:
- Statistics for more than 60 playable species of noble animal;
- Modifications and additions to existing classes, skills, and feats appropriate to animal characters;
- A new basic character class, the Greater Familiar;
- Eight new Prestige Classes, including the Man-Eater and War Mount;
- Special rules for the use of magic by animal characters;
- Information on running several different sorts of campaigns, along with guidelines for Modern scenarios;
- Deeds, magical abilities acquired by performing heroic actions;
- Rules for several new types of magical treasures, including Fetishes, Jujus, and Spellthralls;
- Hundreds of illustrations;
- A 24-page set of Noble Animal Spell Lists
- And much more!
Check out all the Noble Wild Products:
Inspired by the works of classic swords-and-sorcery authors like Fritz Lieber, Jack Vance, and Robert E. Howard, Swords of Kos: Hekaton is the second entry in Skirmisher Publishing LLC’s fantasy fiction series and follows Swords of Kos: Necropolis. In this anthology, the island and city of Kos and the lands around it are explored through the stories of eleven authors and original illustrations and cartography by nine artists. All are set during the Hekaton, centennial observance of the great volcanic cataclysm that reawakened magic, the elder races, and all manner of fell monsters, in a fantasy world that draws upon the myths, legends, and history of the Mediterranean, Europe, and the Middle East.
Stories in this compilation include “Bloodsuckers” by Michael O. Varhola, “Rogue’s Nightmare” by R.M. Aislin, “Chasing Shadows” by Richard T. Balsley, “The Misadventures of Bjoric” by Brendan Cass, “The Rite” by Christopher Van Deelen, “To the Dragon Apeiron” by Lissanne Lake, “Unfamiliar Ground” by Sharon Daugherty, “The Day Pateon Fnordseeker Gave Up Drinking” by Eric Lis, M.D., “Nithernons the Ale’er” by John Giddens, and “The Price of Land” by D.M. Fitzgerald. Join us in our adventures through the dark and fascinating swords-and-sorcery world of Kos!
You can get Swords of Kos: Hekaton today for just $5.99!