Set Sail for Adventure!
If Freeport is known for anything, it's pirates. Sure, the city has a history of attracting criminal groups, corrupt merchants, and politiciansâ€”to say nothing of subversive cults dedicated to insane and dreadful godsâ€”but it's the pirates who infest the city and prowl the Serpent's Teeth that give the City of Adventure its dubious reputation. From its first founding as a haven for buccaneers and cutthroats, established on the pirate's code to attain an uneasy peace between voyages, Freeport has evolved from a filthy little town to a sprawling city of thousands. Yet in that time, pirates remain the most common and most popular of its citizens.
Buccaneers of Freeport returns to Freeport's roots and examines the colorful and disturbing rogues that roam the seas around the City of Adventure. Describing eight pirates, many new, some infamous, in lavish detail, each entry explores the rogue's history, his or her goals and agendas, while hinting at the curse that keeps them at sea and the treasures they guard. In addition, the pirate's key crewmen receive extensive attention, presenting them in all their cunning and brutality to breathe life into the thrill-seeking corsairs. Finally, the pirate ship, allies, and enemies round out the chapter, culminating with a campaign framework to help you build adventures centered on these various characters.
The buccaneers described in this sourcebook include:
- Three Sheets Kimbal: An adventurous and courageous corsair famed for his curious relationship with Lady Luck.
- Scarbelly: The dread orc captain of the Bloody Vengeance, despised and feared by all for his brutality and viciousness.
- Alfhild: A renegade warrior-maiden turned pirate to escape an arranged marriage and the duties of her homeland.
- Flynn the Quick: An ambitious privateer that seeks redemption by wiping out piracy in all its forms.
- Get o' Yarash: A disturbing ship filled with crude and violent mutants and exiles dedicated to the bloodthirsty god Yarash.
- Aesha AlgosiÃ©l: A beautiful but cruel elf maiden who scours the seas for lost relics of occult power.
- Xian-Lei: Driven by vengeance and saddled with a dreadful curse, Xian-Lei prowls the seas waging war on those he blames for the death of his order.
- Scevola Hest: Cursed to sail the seas for all time on the ghostly vessel named the Black Contessa, Hest and his spectral crew strike against any they please.
Buccaneers of Freeport is a game sourcebook designed for all roleplaying games. Free from mechanics, its contents can be adapted for Green Ronin's True20 Adventure Roleplaying or any other popular RPG, ensuring this sourcebook is useful no matter what campaign setting or game system you use. Francisco and Drac may have planned great things for Freeport, but the City of Adventure has always been and shall ever be the port of call for pirates around the world. Find out their wicked deeds and heroic exploits in Buccaneers of Freeport!
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”