Warriors is a comprehensive OGL sourcebook for fantasy role-playing games that expands upon the description of the Warrior class in the Dungeon Master’s Guide. It is an invaluable resource both for game masters who want to expand the variety and realism of combat encounters and martial non-player characters and for players who want to enhance the military and combat capabilities of their own characters. Features include:
- 16 military prestige classes, including the Aerial Cavalryman, Charioteer, Combat Engineer, Executioner, Marine, Mechanist Infantry, Mountaineer, and Sheriff.
- More than 30 military subtypes, including archers, artillerists, cavalrymen, beast handlers, infantrymen, medics, pathfinders, peasant levies, and templars.
- Nine non-military subtypes, including bandits, barkeeps, thugs, and traders.
- Two dozen skills, including Craft (Airship-Making), Knowledge (Beast Lore), Operate Device, Profession (Bartender), and Signaling.
- Nearly a score of feats, including eight devoted to aerial warfare.
- New weapons, armor, and equipment, including weapon accessories, elephant gear, siege engines, balloons and blimps, and guidelines for incorporating high-technology weapons into a fantasy campaign.
- 16 new spells, including Battle Runes and many specially designed for use by members of the Zealot prestige class.
- More than 80 new magic items and five new weapon special abilities.
- Three new combat-oriented monsters.
- Two dozen detailed, ready-to-use NPCs.
- Rules for incorporating chariots into combat.
- Rules for using large beasts like elephants in warfare.
- Guidelines on historical and non-human heraldry.
This download includes both low-resolution screen-friendly versions and high-resolution printer-friendly versions of both the book and its cover.
Inspired by the works of classic swords-and-sorcery authors like Fritz Lieber, Jack Vance, and Robert E. Howard, Swords of Kos: Hekaton is the second entry in Skirmisher Publishing LLC’s fantasy fiction series and follows Swords of Kos: Necropolis. In this anthology, the island and city of Kos and the lands around it are explored through the stories of eleven authors and original illustrations and cartography by nine artists. All are set during the Hekaton, centennial observance of the great volcanic cataclysm that reawakened magic, the elder races, and all manner of fell monsters, in a fantasy world that draws upon the myths, legends, and history of the Mediterranean, Europe, and the Middle East.
Stories in this compilation include “Bloodsuckers” by Michael O. Varhola, “Rogue’s Nightmare” by R.M. Aislin, “Chasing Shadows” by Richard T. Balsley, “The Misadventures of Bjoric” by Brendan Cass, “The Rite” by Christopher Van Deelen, “To the Dragon Apeiron” by Lissanne Lake, “Unfamiliar Ground” by Sharon Daugherty, “The Day Pateon Fnordseeker Gave Up Drinking” by Eric Lis, M.D., “Nithernons the Ale’er” by John Giddens, and “The Price of Land” by D.M. Fitzgerald. Join us in our adventures through the dark and fascinating swords-and-sorcery world of Kos!
You can get Swords of Kos: Hekaton today for just $5.99!