WARCOSM is an easy-to-learn and quick-paced tabletop game that simulates fleet-based space battles using either miniatures or flat counters.
"Simple and direct rules. Nifty artwork. Several good examples. Counter art is very inventive."
"I'm switching entirely to Warcosm for big fleet games now."
"...it's nice to have a simple Starfire-ish option back on the market."
Maneuver the enemy so that you can bring more weapons to bear on them. Find an enemy craftâ€™s weaknesses to maximize the effectiveness of your attacks. Warcosmâ€™s game mechanics encourage such tactics without overwhelming you with endless rules. This permits each player to control six, ten, or even a few dozen ships for scalable battles. Once you get the hang of the rules with the included battle scenarios, use the ship construction rules to build your own fleets. Decide how to arm your ships, the degree and types of hull protection, the power of drive systems, and whether or not to equip them with a number of other subsystems. The fate of the galaxy is in your hands. Command your fleets and lead them to Victory in the Stars.
This PDF file contains
- Hex-Grid Sheet: print multiple copies to define the size of your playing area.
- 270 Ship Counters
- TrueType font to reproduce weapon bearings (compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X)
- one ten-sided die
- Two or more players, ages 14 and older
- Scissors or hobby knife (for preparing components)
- starship miniatures
- Ruler or measuring tape (when using miniatures)
- Additional Dice