Tradetalk # 10 – Wenelia & Ramalia Special
This is the tenth issue of Tradetalk, a fanzine dedicated to Glorantha, Hero Wars and RuneQuest. The dead-tree version was published in March 2002 by The Chaos Society.
Wenelia and Ramalia are two areas in the region of Maniria, the south coast of the continent of Genertela. This issue describes these areas, the barbarian boar people of Wenelia, and the westerized pig folk of Ramalia.
These areas are the border countries of the HeroQuest setting of Issaries Inc./Moon Designs "Blood over Gold", and will greatly enhance any game in that setting.
Please have a look at two other issues of Tradetalk, which focus on the same region:
Tradetalk # 11 "Handra & The New Fens" describes a city in between these two areas. Tradetalk # 15 "The Savage West" gives detailed insight (and an adventure) into Caratan, an area north of the city of Handra.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- RUNEQUEST/GLORANTHA -
- Seasonal Events – Excerpt of “Thunder Rebels” (by Issaries Inc.)
- The South Coast of Genertela – A brief survey and gazeteer (by Ken Rolston, Marc Willner & Peter Metcalfe)
- The Naval Powers – Naming the three major fleets (by Ken Rolston, Marc Willner & Peter Metcalfe)
- Slontos – A short note and map (by Greg Stafford & Dario Corallo)
- The Kingdom of Ramalia – the kingdom of knights and pigs (by Jamie “Trotsky” Revell)
- The Mralothi – the boar people of Wenelia (by Jamie “Trotsky” Revell)
- Mralot the boar spirit – Mythos and history of this cult (by Jamie “Trotsky” Revell)
- What my Uncle told me – personal view of the Pure Mralothi culture (by Jamie “Trotsky” Revell)
- What my Mother told me – personal view of the True Earth Mralothi culture (by Jamie “Trotsky” Revell)
- Mralothi Characters – Hero Wars keywords (by Jamie “Trotsky” Revell)
- Maniria Map – Center spread map
- Wenelia – description of the region (by Nick Brooke & Jeff Kyer)
- The Cult of Wenel – Entru, Alda & Wenel, the ancestor god of the Wenelians (by Jeff Kyer)
- Wenelian Keywords – Hero Wars keywords (by Jeff Kyer)
- Rivers of Maniria – notes about travel in Maniria (by Jeff Kyer)
- Legends of the Arstola – Bachground for the Aldryami of the Arstola (by Shannon Appelcline)
- Ritual Magic Part II – more Rituals in Glorantha (by Stephen Martin)
- ELRIC!/STORMBRINGER -
- More Adventures in the Young Kingdoms – scenario ideas (by Shannon Appelcline)