Welcome to the GM's Day sale! From now through March 15th, this title has been marked down by 30%! For more values, visit our GM's Day sale page.
Welcome to Ronin: Oriental Adventures in Tokugawa Japan, a world of honor and steel at the edge of the modern age.
Ronin brings you to Japan during the Edo Period, characterized by the rule of the Tokugawa Shogunate (1600-1868). This is the height of samurai culture, when feudal lords commanded fearsome warriors and ruled vast lands, when the mysticism of the past clashed blades with the coming of the modern age. Will you be a samurai beholden to a master or a free-ranging ronin? Will you follow the way of the sword or call upon the arcane spirits? Will you explore high society or delve into the commoner's world? A world on the edge of turmoil awaits you.
Ronin gives players and Game Masters will find invaluable information to bring the rich historical era of the Edo Period to their games, including:
- An introduction to Tokugawa Japan, covering topics such as geography, culture, daily life, nobility, commoners, outsiders and outcasts, magic and mysticism.
- A primer on samurai culture.
- New Rules systems, such as the all-important Honor, as well as Flaws.
- New Basic Classes, such as the courtier, shudoshi (Zen seekers), and vagabond.
- New Prestige Classes, such as the blade saint, blind swordman, hedge witch, medium, merchant, and shinobi.
- New Feats, 16 in total.
- New Magic, including 12 new spells.
- A Bestiary of menaces from the natural, magical and ghostly realms.
Ronin: Oriental Adventures in Tokugawa Japan is a sourcebook in the 3rd Fantasy line, compatible with the 3.5 edition of the world's most popular fantasy roleplaying game and with Pathfinder.
Written by: Jeremy Puckett
Art by: Zach Ashmore (Cover), public domain Japanese artwork.
Layout by: Mark Reed
Developed by: Daniel M. Perez