Epic Adventure Dungeon Crawl - Third Edition
Dungeon Crawl Third Edition is a tile-based dungeon card game for 1 or 2 players. Enter the deadly dungeons of darcanthia in an attempt to complete your quest and gain experience.
The expansions to the Core Rules add new and dangerous places to explore. Each expansion has a new set of quests to add to the existing deck.
There are five expansions available to the Core Dungeon Crawl Rules:
Welcome to the third edition of Epic Adventure Dungeon Crawl. If it is adventure and excitement you are looking for, you have come to the right place brave adventurer. Th e time has come to prove your worth. Are you willing to show us your prowess with the blade, your stealth and cunning or your mastery of the magic arts? Whatever path you choose, adventure awaits.
Dungeon Crawl is a single player, random dungeon bash based on the Epic Adventure Game Book series by Greywood Publishing. The player creates a character to roam the dungeon, recording starting equipment, treasure and other important details on the adventure sheet. The player then moves the character through the dungeon overcoming monsters, obstacles and traps in an attempt to complete their quest.
Each game should take 20 - 30 minutes to play and because of the random manner of the game, each game will be different to the previous one. This edition comprises many new rules and integrates the Dungeon Quest rules. All rules in the 3rd Edition supersede those from previous editions.
Third Edition Changes and Additions:
New dungeon tiles hand painted by Gary Chalk (inventor of Battle Cars and Cry Havoc, but famed for his work as an artist on the Lone Wolf books 1-8).
New rules covering monster levels (now your first level character has a better chance of survival)
Improved combat rules
New healing rules, including resting
Spotting monsters BEFORE you move to another tile
Ranged weapons and spells
Full tile dungeons and rooms
More character types
Level advancement and quest cards as standard (the finale cards have been dropped).
The following list of items is included in this basic game set:
- Adventure Sheet, Spell cards, prayers, Monster Cards, Encounter Cards, Treasure Cards, Corridor Tiles, Room Tile and Finale Cards
- The adventure sheet is where you keep track of your characters possessions and has a quick reference to his/her attributes, skills and character trait.
- Spell and prayer Cards - Spell cards are used by sorcerers and thieves and can be included with some magical items.
- Monster Cards - Monster is the general term used in the game for enemies.Encounter cardsDiscover deadly traps, followers to aid you on your adventure or places of interest.
- Treasure Cards - Treasure is a general term for items and equipment that are found within the game.
- Corridor Tiles - Corridor tiles can be empty, populated with monsters, encounters and treasure.
- Room Tiles - Room tiles can only be entered by finding a dungeon door event card.
What do I need to play? All you need to play this game are 2 six-sided dice, some scrap paper, a pencil and some scissors (PDF version only).
A whole new Dungeon Crawl experience awaits you.