There is a Voice inside your head. Some people think you're losing your mind, but the Voice says you're not losing. The Voice says you're gaining.
Vox is a story-driven, rules-light Role-Playing Game that is designed to put the focus on character interaction and development. Each player controls a character who at some point will hear one or more Voices in his head; each of those Voices is controlled by one of the other players, or the GM. Exactly what these Voices represent must be discovered by the players during the course of the game.
- a dark, mystery-driven theme that will keep players on the edge of their seats
- an introductory character-creation scenario (so you can get started playing IMMEDIATELY)
- 16 suggested Voices including the Voice of God, the Voice of Fate, and others
- 4 setting seeds, taking characters from the Victorian Era to the distant future
- extensive Voice mechanics and advice on role-playing Voices
- a detailed personality-generating system to help differentiate Voices
Vox is designed by ENnie-award winning designer Michael Fiegel, best known for Ninja Burger and HELLAS: Worlds of Sun & Stone. The game is the first to use the PDQ2 game engine, an offshoot of the critically-acclaimed PDQ# (Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies) and PDQ (Dead Inside, Zorcerer of Zo, Ninja Burger) systems.
The PDQ2 system has been designed for evocative simplicity, speed, and flexibility in play.
The PDQ2 system is used under license from Chad Underkoffler; the materials within the Vox RPG are not necessarily endorsed in any way by Chad Underkoffler, nor is he in any way responsible for the content of these materials unless specifically credited. © 2008 Chad Underkoffler. All rights reserved.
PDQ2 system design by Chad Underkoffler, Atomic Sock Monkey Press (http://www.atomicsockmonkey.com) with additional writing by Michael Fiegel.