Deluxe Starship Designs
“Orion” is a Retribution-class strike carrier designed to serve as a transport and base of operations for combat vehicles both in space and on the ground. Orion carries sixteen Vulture-class heavy fighters in its internal bays. The side nacelles can rapidly deploy a dozen Aries-class hover tanks and four modified Brahma transports for use as personnel carriers. When added to the strike carrier’s impressive built in fire power, this single ship decide many engagements
While the cargo and vehicle storage areas are below and to either side of the internal runway, the primary crew areas lie above it. Atop the forward end of the thousand-foot long carrier is a spacious observation lounge. The primary living areas occupy the midship section with the support deck and bridge high above. The back end of the carrier houses engineering as well as a dedicated flight control area and a rear-facing observation deck.
Orion is designed to live in space but can quickly traverse atmosphere and deploy ground forces when needed. The carrier can then return to the sky or remain as a ground-side base of operations. A pair of massive plasma cannons are the main guns for the ship. Turreted missile launchers provide additional fire support, particularly when planetside.
The .zip file contains the following:
- 36 page PDF file detailing the ships, interior areas, and crew.
- The main book also includes the Aries hover tank, Vulture heavy fighter, and a variant Brahma shuttle.
- Open Game License stats provided for the vessel and crew.
- Map Book
- Full-color 126 page PDF file containing complete interior maps.
- Includes miniature-scale maps for tactical combat.
- Broken into pages for easy printing.
- Printer friendly, black and white version of the map book.
- Full-color 10 page PDF file of section maps covering the entire ship.
- Art directory with rendered images of all the ships.
Sample documents and bonus art are available at 0-hr.com.
Please note that, unlike many issues of Future Armada, this installment does NOT contain giant composite images designed for an oversized printer. As with the other giant ships and stations, the extreme file size required for a ship of this size makes the inclusion of such bonus maps infeasible.
Filling a role halfway between "Drake" and "Invictus" this strike carrier can serve as the perfect base of operations for a military-themed campaign. There is plenty of room on board for encounters of all sorts and everything you need to support both space and land-based operations. Wherever your story goes, Orion can carry you there.