Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, and a Slayer's gotta have something to slay. Fortunately for her, there's no shortage of vamps, demons, nasties, and Big Bads wandering around out there. And when the lattÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â© hits the fan, knowing an Acathla from a Gorch can save the world. The keys to combating these charmless creatures of nightmare are all here, in vivid detail.
Buffy: To make you a vampire, they have to suck your blood and then you have to suck their blood; it's like a whole big sucking thing.
-1.1 Welcome to the Hellmouth
Hey, nobody said living on the Hellmouth was going to be all sunshine and stylish garb
The Monster Smackdown is a supplement for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer roleplaying game. In it, you will find:
An overview covering the nature of the Buffyverse, hellmouths, and hell dimensions, including some never before seen samples
- A complete rundown on vampires, including their powers, vulnerabilities, morality, nature, and hangouts
- A similar treatment for demons, with specific on many demonic races
- Details on non-vamp undead, primals, human villains, and various other critters that populate the Buffyverse
- Background and specifics on Buffy's major villains, unique demons, hellgoddesses, and real bad nasties, including a revisit of all the seasonal Big Bads
- Rules, guidelines, and ideas for creating monsters true to the spirit of the Buffyverse, including a list of mix-and-match monster powers
- A complete Episode featuring a major turning point in the Djinn Season
Written by Thom Marrion