You pause in your search. Dust that has lain in these ruins for centuries claws at your throat. Lifting the wineskin to your lips you notice an oddly-shaped stone just below the ruined carvings at the edge of the ceiling. Strange, you've looked there a dozen times and never noticed it before.
A shallow symbol is etched in the stone. Brushing away the accumulated grime and dirt, you see the Merithian character for "right hand". Smiling at that hard-won bit of knowledge, you turn to your right with renewed confidence in your quest. Ahead, something slithers in the shadows, and your sword seems to leap to your hand . . .
Wonders Out of Time presents a series of vignettes that can be used individually or together to enrich any fantasy campaign using the d20 game system. In it, you will find:
- an abandoned manor filled with great and deadly secrets
- an old Merithian farm infested with marauding goblinoids
- a wandering merchant peddling strange and wonderful artifacts
- hidden knowledge locked away in an ancient fortress that has become home to a group of ruthless brigands
- a mysterious temple ruined by exposure, failing magical wards, and destructive beasts
- a legendary library that may contain the keys to understanding the Merithians at long last
- Derimos, the fabled capital of the Merithians, now ravaged by time and guarded by its most loyal defenders
- detailed information on Merithian Blood Sorcery
- a new Prestige Class, the Centurion Knight
The Author: Kevin Wilson is best known as the co-designer of the 7th Sea RPG. He is 25 years old and currently living in Southern California. Kevin has a BA in Cognitive Science (Artificial Intelligence) from U.C. Berkeley, and hopes to someday pass the Turing test.