The Black Fortress
For well over a thousand years this impenetrable and mysterious stronghold, set deep in the heart of the Plane of the Dead, has remained a silent observer to the events transpiring upon the surface of Netherworld, a fortress meant to house the deepest and darkest secrets of arcane necromancy until the end of time. Unknown to even the most experienced of magic-users, the Black Fortress is also the last location of the Black Skull Staff, an artifact of arcane sorcery rumored strong enough to destroy the deadliest threat to Netherworld's continued existence, the Greater Demon Holofax. Equally as dangerous is the staff's last known owner, an enigmatic wizard known only as the Death Master.
Intended for a party of 4 to 6 brave adventurers of 8th level to 10th level Dungeons and Dragon's characters, this module was designed under the Open Gaming LicenseTM and the D20 System TM created by Wizards of the Coast.
Module Highlights Include:
* Full Color Cover Art by Wayne Reynolds, one of the industry's premiere artists.
* 90% all inclusive module is ready to play, meaning most of the monsters, characters, spells, feats, and items are included in the Appendix so you don't have to stop the game to look up things.
* 4 original pre-generated characters ready to combat the undead threat and tackle The Black Fortress.
* A horde of original monsters like the Abominations, the Kthuloi, the Cobalt Behemoth, and The Dark Harvester, to test your player's mettle.
* All new creature templates like the Unliving and the Half Undead.
* New feats, spells, and magical items like Vampiric Rage, Mist Form Mastery, Spine Demon, and the Scimitar of Cleansing Flames.
Highlights of the New 2nd Edition!!!
*Completely clickable Table of Contents for ease of reference so DMs can go right to the sections they need to.
*Revamped time traveling based storyline is easier to follow and complete for even newbie DMs.
*Uber Bosses have been revised to allow a typical group of PCs to take em on!
*Demon Slayer and Death Slayer previews let players and DMs alike get more info about adventuring in the Netherworld Campaign Setting.
*Detailed rules for PCs traveling in the Courtyard Maze and the Black Fortress.
*New Encounter Levels for those times when the PCs want to Hack 'n' Slash.
*More Maps, More Monsters, More Madness!!!
Visit us on the World Wide Web at http://www.freewebs.com/blackskullgames/index.htm and browse through our online Netherworld FAQ and other upcoming Black Skull Games Products!