The fans cheer when you score a hit, and lay open a man’s breast with the well honed edge of your sword. The mob roars with laughter as a condemned heretic armed only with a child’s wooden sword dies beneath the fangs of a lion. The arena itself seems to tremble with excited shouts when you put your sandaled foot onto the neck of a defeated fellow gladiator, and lift your eyes and blade to the skyboxes, to learn whether you will spare or execute your defeated rival. Step onto the arena’s sand, still stinking of blood and spilt shit from the last match. Raise your sword high in salute to your master and the Emperor who commissioned these games. Size up your opponent, gauge the strength in his muscles, the flexibility in his limbs, his familiarity with the net and trident. Fight well, die with courage, and be remembered forever… or at least until a new champion wins the fickle hearts of the mob.
This sourcebook contains everything you need to create your own variations on your favorite gladiator adventures and characters. This sourcebook includes:
· History of Gladiators
· Specific Types of Gladiator matches including those with Bards, Clerics, Druids, Sorcerers, and Wizards
· Races of the Arena
· New Race: Nephilim
· Nearly 20 all new Gladiator feats including Acrobatic Gladiator, Footwork, and Slayer of Multitudes
· Ten Gladiator Magic Items including Actor’s Oil, Freeman’s Rudis, and Spellbinding Manacles
· Four new spells including Gladiator’s Virility and Will of the Crowd
· Adventure Site: The Coliseum Maximus
Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license.