A Hunter races past you, its rapid-fire 20mm autocannon spitting metal death. As you watch in horror, your commanding officer's Black Mamba erupts into a ball of raging flame, composite armor and fuel ablaze in a bright fireball.
"Fall back! Fall back!" Hastily, you have taken command. Your cadre pulls back behind a rocky outcropping and regroups. Tracers streak by your temporary shelter like angry hornets - you all know you can't stay here forever.
You crouch low and burst out of the rock's shadow, zipping, zooming and ducking on powered wheels like an oversized amored skater. A hail of shells explode on the ground around your Gear, but you sidestep every one of them. Unleashing the full power of your V-engine, you head back into the fire fight, emptying your shoulder-mounted 71mm rocket pod on an enemy heavy tank.
And they told you this was just a routine patrol...
Step into a whole universe, with Heavy Gear, the new generation of giant robot game. This book contains everything you need to play the roleplaying, the tactical and the miniature game. Highlights include:
- The simple and elegant Silhouette game engine, a highly acclaimed system that uses the classic 6-sided dice. It is the heart of both the tactical and the roleplaying games.
- Complete roleplaying rules, a detailed world background, and a rich setting: the socially explosive Badland city of Peace River, home of Paxton Arms, the planet's largest weapons manufacturer. Extensive guidelines for campaigning on Terra Nova are included as well as scenario generators that can be used to jumpstart any campaign.
- Complete tactical rules and guidelines for campaigns, and scenario generators for quick pick-up games.
- Rules to use the tactical system as a hexless miniature tabletop system.
- The tactical rules cover all aspect of the modern battlefield, from infantry to the giant striders that dominate the battlefield, and including tanks, Gears and artillery
- 20 illustrated archetypes, to help fire Player's and Gamemaster's imagination.
- Fully illustrated, detailed descriptions and game stats for 8 Gears and 2 striders.
Heavy Gear, definitively not your father's giant robot game.
It's a whole world.