The World of Bloodshadows was originally published in 1994 by West End Games, re-published in 2004 for D6, and now available again from Precis Intermedia.
In Bloodshadows, the mechanics of fantasy have been wedded to the sensibilities of film noir. The world is as black as your morning coffee, as white as the Undead bartender, and as gray as a moonlit alleyway. A war between Chaos and Order ripped through the land of Marl centuries ago, wiping out some species, creating new ones, and introducing magic. Soon, the development of technology slowed as the pursuit of magic rose. Now everybody knows what sorcery is, and most everyone knows a spell or two. Doors are warded with magical seals, light is provided by glowstones, the waitress in the local diner can warm your cup of joe in the palm of her hand, and the police have forensic mages who help solve crimes.
If the idea of playing a wisecracking, trenchcoat-wearing werewolf who talks like Bogart and can light his cigarette with his fingertip appeals to you, grab your fedora and enter the world of Bloodshadows.
This worldbook for the OpenD6 system features:
- The history of Marl and the Godwar, plus a description of one of its cities, complete with maps, locations, and significant people
- Over a dozen non-Human packages, including half-breeds, shapeshifters, Undead, and demons
- More than 60 spells, plus more options for the OpenD6 Magic system, including schools of magic and a new Special Ability
- A plethora of magical potions and equipment
- Six character templates
- Information on designing fantasy noir adventures
- Sample mini-adventure
- D6 Adventure core rules included with download, so no additional books are required to play
Based on material originally printed in the World of Bloodshadows™
, Galitia Citybook™
, Mean Streets™ campaign pack
, and Sorcerer’s Cribsheet™
, revised and expanded for the OpenD6 System. Contains mild adult language and situations.