Torrok shook under the mighty blow. The battles had been raging on all day, and the minotaur he now faced was not the first he'd fought that day - and who knew if it would be the last. He'd never known himself able to push his endurance and resilience to such limits. If he survived only a single night of rest would await him before the battle was rejoined. With grim certainty he knew, come tomorrow, that the strain of today would still bear heavy upon him.
When an adventurer is pushed to their limits, there is a price to pay! Add to your games a level of hindrance to a character's health and recovery. Inside this 4e supplement you'll find rules that provide a noticeable in-game impact to a brutal day of action while at the same time not penalizing characters to a degree where they no longer function or become incredibly cautious. Built upon the concepts and rules structures of the base 4e game, it introduces new dimensions of knife-edge play while shying away from explicit injuries, wound tracking and additional game complexity.
You will like playing with this product if...
- You want a character's physical condition at the end of the adventuring day to mean something
- You yearn for more grittiness in your game
- You dislike the "1 HP to full" nature of Extended Rest healing
- You enjoy added game intricacy without added complexity
- You are looking for additional rules support that is built upon the systems already in the game for easy integration
Live on the edge - Expand role playing options and opportunities
Feel the weariness of your characters - Broaden your game
Rule Set: 4e GSL