Deluxe Starship Designs
Midnight Rose is an old, well worn ship that has seen many owners and extensive modification over the years. A common Grendel-class transport, it was designed for light cargo and passenger duty needing a minimal crew (though with bunks for more). After a decade in the hands of Captain Graham Jacobi the ship has been modified and customized dozens of times, but cleaned less than twice. It may look like a derelict from the outside but she has it where it counts. The ship is well armed for a vessel of its size and unassuming demeanor as Jacobi has outfitted the vessel for use as a privateer as well as a transport ship. With improved armor and a turret augmenting the fixed forward guns, Rose can deter casual pirates and add the occasional bounty to smuggling profits.
In addition to the battered and dilapidated Rose, maps and descriptions are provided for a newer model of the same type of transport. This cleaned up variant has a deck layout modified to maximize cargo capacity. Pages can be mixed between the two and a couple of pages with empty rooms (for further customization) are thrown in as well. Either option can support a crew of one to six in a wide variety of missions.
The .zip file contains the following:
- 19 page PDF file detailing the ship, interior areas, and crew.
- Open Game License stats provided for the vessel and crew.
- Map Book
- Full-color 27 page PDF file containing complete interior maps.
- Includes miniature-scale maps for tactical combat.
- Broken into pages for easy printing.
- Printer friendly, black and white version of the map book.
- Miniature-scale composite map of the ship interior.
- Two poster-sized, 24x36 inch, 150 dpi, color JPEG images.
- One for the scruffy version and one for the newer model.
- Art directory with rendered images of both versions of the ship and support craft.
Sample documents and bonus art are available at 0-hr.com.
Like all of the Future Armada ships, these ships are meant to be useful to game masters and players alike. Story, stats, and maps are all easily separated. Keep what you like & change what want, it's up to you.